Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subaru Legacy, Infiniti G35x or Lexus IS250?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by hilife
    Really!?!? is it that bad? I always thought they were well built cars. You know German Enginneering.......Please tell me your lieing. I was always looking to get a 5 series BMW as my dream car. Please, don't crush my dreams.

    In all honesty.. I know 2 BMW mechanics who work at different dealerships and they said the same thing. They get "New" BMWs in all the time for service. When I say service, I don't mean oil changes and tune-ups...but stuff breaks and malfunctions. Mostly electronical problems. I'm sure there are tons of BMW drivers that never have problems though.

    Personaly, I'd still consider a 5 series but as a lease. After 3 years someone can deal with the problems hehe.
    sigpic

    Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Astrass
      I have a 05 G35 coupe......love driving it. I test drove the 06 sedan, I really like the looks now and the interrior. Service has been great too. No problem getting a loaner from my dealer.

      Question though.....leasing or buying?

      The ES is ok....if it's anything like the 04 ES then it drives like a boat. I Really Really like the GS though. Always loved the way it looks even from back in the days.

      Subaru....never been too hot on those cars. I'd only get a Subaru to fix up and race since there really is no luxary to them and they upgrade well.

      My ranking - GS > G35 > Subaru
      If it was me, I would by a GS or a G35. If it was today, I would by the G35, just because to get a GS with all the bells and whistles that the G35 has would be out of my price range.

      However, this car is for my wife, and she is more interested in creature comforts and looks then performance. She doesn't care if it drives like a boat.

      So, it looks like she is getting the ES now (decked out, bumping up against the starting price of a GS), and next year or the year after I will probably get a G35 or GS, or some comparable AWD performance car.

      EDIT: I forgot to add that we will be buying. She kept her last car 6 years and the one before that about the same, so I figure buying is best.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by JWinn
        Yup! Thats very true. But I think even the Club sold out this year. Though I got something in the mail telling me that.

        :doh: Totally forgot about the wait list. But you can almost always find them in the paper!
        I guess if you buy them through the paper, you are buying someone elses tickets, meaning that come playoff time, they get notified about playoff seats, and in the offseason, they get contacted to re-up their purchase?

        In reality, it probably doesn't make much sense for me to get season tickets period, but I thought if I did, it would 'spur' me on to fly out to Denver for 3-4 games a year. I figured once a year my wife and I could go out for a 8-10 day stretch covering two weekends and two home games, and then I would fly out with her, a friend or alone for another game or two.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          So ted,which car did you pick for her, and did she like it?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DawgFanatic
            So ted,which car did you pick for her, and did she like it?
            She opted for the Lexus ES350. What she wanted wasn't available on any lots in a multi-state area, but there was one on the way from the port to a dealership in Missourri, which is now being redirected to our dealership. It is a Ruby Red ES350 with the Ultra Luxury package. It is supposed to be ready to pickup the middle or end of next week.

            It is DAMN expensive, but she has gone through a ton of crap in the last five years, and she deserves to have me splurge a bit on her. Five years ago this October, she was diagnosed with stage III melanoma (in the lymph system) and given about a 60% chance of surviving five years, which means a 40% chance of dieing in five years, just better than a coin flip. She had 15 lymphnodes removed from her upper thigh, has a 15" scar where they did it and was on a experimental cancer vaccine for 4 years, as there is no effective treatment for melanoma.

            Anyway, she celebrated five years without an recurrence just over two months ago, so I decided to break the bank on her (not quite break it, but definately put a dent in it ).

            The car seems like a perfect fit for her. The only downside is there have been some reports of tranny problems on some of them, but since she liked it so much better than any other car she drove, I have decided to roll the dice.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tnedator
              She opted for the Lexus ES350. What she wanted wasn't available on any lots in a multi-state area, but there was one on the way from the port to a dealership in Missourri, which is now being redirected to our dealership. It is a Ruby Red ES350 with the Ultra Luxury package. It is supposed to be ready to pickup the middle or end of next week.

              It is DAMN expensive, but she has gone through a ton of crap in the last five years, and she deserves to have me splurge a bit on her. Five years ago this October, she was diagnosed with stage III melanoma (in the lymph system) and given about a 60% chance of surviving five years, which means a 40% chance of dieing in five years, just better than a coin flip. She had 15 lymphnodes removed from her upper thigh, has a 15" scar where they did it and was on a experimental cancer vaccine for 4 years, as there is no effective treatment for melanoma.

              Anyway, she celebrated five years without an recurrence just over two months ago, so I decided to break the bank on her (not quite break it, but definately put a dent in it ).

              The car seems like a perfect fit for her. The only downside is there have been some reports of tranny problems on some of them, but since she liked it so much better than any other car she drove, I have decided to roll the dice.
              Thats awesome....all good news. Congrats on the purchase. I've personaly never heard of anything bad about a ES. But your right, most important thing is she gets what makes her happiest.
              sigpic

              Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Astrass
                Doh...Uhh...they look freaking sweet and the interrior is the best in it's class. Does that help?

                much better
                President Cool

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Astrass
                  In all honesty.. I know 2 BMW mechanics who work at different dealerships and they said the same thing. They get "New" BMWs in all the time for service. When I say service, I don't mean oil changes and tune-ups...but stuff breaks and malfunctions. Mostly electronical problems. I'm sure there are tons of BMW drivers that never have problems though.

                  Personaly, I'd still consider a 5 series but as a lease. After 3 years someone can deal with the problems hehe.
                  Well there goes my dreams. well wouldn't want to be stuck with a broken 50,000+ (with options) car. Leasing might be a better idea. Can get it new and pay alot less monthly. Be able to try it out for 3 years and see if anything goes wrong.
                  President Cool

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by hilife
                    Well there goes my dreams. well wouldn't want to be stuck with a broken 50,000+ (with options) car. Leasing might be a better idea. Can get it new and pay alot less monthly. Be able to try it out for 3 years and see if anything goes wrong.

                    Yeah and you won't have to put a ton of money down.
                    sigpic

                    Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X