Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is actually a Sport??? Are you kidding me????????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is actually a Sport??? Are you kidding me????????

    Hahahaha. There's a sport called Curl? http://www.curltv.com/
    who'd ever think there be such a lame sport and be profitable all in one.
    "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

    sigpic

    "Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

  • #2
    Well it's in the Olympics.

    Comment


    • #3
      its actually curling. And very popular in icier regions of Europe and Canada.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

      Comment


      • #4
        It's called CURLING!!!!

        Wiki link

        The game is thought to be invented in late medieval Scotland, with the first written reference to a contest using stones on ice coming from the records of Paisley Abbey, Renfrew, in February, 1541. (Scotland created golf too)

        Curling has been an official sport in the Winter Olympic Games since the 1998 Winter Olympics.

        The level of precision and complex nature of the strategic thinking required to win has led curling to be referred to as "chess on ice."

        In 2001, curling was named the official sport of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.

        In the 2006 Olympics, half of the U.S. men's and women's curling teams hailed from the small Minnesota town of Bemidji, population 13,000.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




        formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

        I have been adopted by Chris Wade

        Comment


        • #5
          "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

          sigpic

          "Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

          Comment


          • #6
            "Don't knock it 'til you try it, you may grow to like it."



            PEACE!!!





            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EdmcCaff87
              Hahahaha. There's a sport called Curl? http://www.curltv.com/
              who'd ever think there be such a lame sport and be profitable all in one.
              Its called CURLING... and its been around forever. Its in the olympics and is actually pretty fun to watch. Its a popular sport in some of the regions that have ice sports.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                Its called CURLING... and its been around forever. Its in the olympics and is actually pretty fun to watch. Its a popular sport in some of the regions that have ice sports.
                All valid points and all have been made before in the thread........please read entire thread before posting..hehehehehehe


                PEACE!!!





                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kapaibro
                  Wiki link

                  The game is thought to be invented in late medieval Scotland, with the first written reference to a contest using stones on ice coming from the records of Paisley Abbey, Renfrew, in February, 1541. (Scotland created golf too)

                  Curling has been an official sport in the Winter Olympic Games since the 1998 Winter Olympics.

                  The level of precision and complex nature of the strategic thinking required to win has led curling to be referred to as "chess on ice."

                  In 2001, curling was named the official sport of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.

                  In the 2006 Olympics, half of the U.S. men's and women's curling teams hailed from the small Minnesota town of Bemidji, population 13,000.

                  ....umm yeah thats nice and all I just thought it was pretty funny when I had a chance to catch it on TV While me and my daughter sat throw a Dora cartoon she was watching. It just looked pretty weird when I flipped through ansd saw two people on each side scraping the ground with push brooms as fast as they can to make the floor slick for the puk or whatever they call that thing.
                  "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

                  sigpic

                  "Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I actually like watching that. Have you seen the female teams? you might like them

                    But really, it is entertaining. I remember an instructor left a tv turned on before our class, and the entire class was watching curling before our instructor came. We wanted to keep watching haha



                    :salute:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bronco_f1
                      I actually like watching that. Have you seen the female teams? you might like them

                      But really, it is entertaining. I remember an instructor left a tv turned on before our class, and the entire class was watching curling before our instructor came. We wanted to keep watching haha

                      Whats the whole point though? Can you explain more? Is it who pushes the puk the fastest across the line? Don't think I could ever have the eyes to look on for more than five minutes
                      "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

                      sigpic

                      "Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by EdmcCaff87
                        Whats the whole point though? Can you explain more? Is it who pushes the puk the fastest across the line? Don't think I could ever have the eyes to look on for more than five minutes
                        No, you have to make the puck go to the center of the target. The closer you get the more points you will receive. You need to use the right strenght and speed to make the puck stay right on target. The moping will make it more farther or closer, depending on how far they want the puck to go. Pushing an opponent's puck will make them take less points.

                        I actually like that, because I know that it is not easy to hit it right on target.



                        :salute:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah, it is terribly annoying and insanely boring and doesn't deserve to be a sport considering it doesn't take any athletic ability whatsoever.




                          Sig by Sky.:salute:

                          All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
                            Yeah, it is terribly annoying and insanely boring and doesn't deserve to be a sport considering it doesn't take any athletic ability whatsoever.
                            Uh, no.

                            The sweeps can walk over 2 miles in just one end!

                            It also takes skill and technique!
                            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                            formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                            I adopted Skywalker

                            I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              well if nascar and hop scotch are concidered a sport i guess this can too

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X