Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is actually a Sport??? Are you kidding me????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twotone
    replied
    yes, condemn that which you do not understand.

it's actually quite fun, to watch and to play.

and the U.S. has a pair of twins that play on the female side....my goodness...

Leave a comment:

• Missin#7
    replied
    There are several Curling leagues here in MN. While I would never do it - because I think its kind of odd.
    Its pretty popular here.

Leave a comment:

• bruce80_267
    replied
    Originally posted by EdmcCaff87
    Hahahaha. There's a sport called Curl? http://www.curltv.com/
    who'd ever think there be such a lame sport and be profitable all in one.
    Its called Curling and yes.. Its PLAYED ALL over Canada, Me I never played it...

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    Curling is my favorite olympic sport!!!! It is true!! All the matches would come on at 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning during the olympics, which was perfect for me since I work third shift.

Plus the Women on the US curling team are really good looking, take a look here:
    http://www.usolympicteam.com/31300.htm

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    well if nascar and hop scotch are concidered a sport i guess this can too
    This is a million times more entertaining too.

One of the few events I watched last olympics.

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    well if nascar and hop scotch are concidered a sport i guess this can too

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
    Yeah, it is terribly annoying and insanely boring and doesn't deserve to be a sport considering it doesn't take any athletic ability whatsoever.
    Uh, no.

The sweeps can walk over 2 miles in just one end!

It also takes skill and technique!

Leave a comment:

• bengaaaaals1688
    replied
    Yeah, it is terribly annoying and insanely boring and doesn't deserve to be a sport considering it doesn't take any athletic ability whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    Whats the whole point though? Can you explain more? Is it who pushes the puk the fastest across the line? Don't think I could ever have the eyes to look on for more than five minutes
    No, you have to make the puck go to the center of the target. The closer you get the more points you will receive. You need to use the right strenght and speed to make the puck stay right on target. The moping will make it more farther or closer, depending on how far they want the puck to go. Pushing an opponent's puck will make them take less points.

I actually like that, because I know that it is not easy to hit it right on target.

Leave a comment:

• EdmcCaff87
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_f1
    I actually like watching that. Have you seen the female teams? you might like them

But really, it is entertaining. I remember an instructor left a tv turned on before our class, and the entire class was watching curling before our instructor came. We wanted to keep watching haha

Whats the whole point though? Can you explain more? Is it who pushes the puk the fastest across the line? Don't think I could ever have the eyes to look on for more than five minutes

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    I actually like watching that. Have you seen the female teams? you might like them

But really, it is entertaining. I remember an instructor left a tv turned on before our class, and the entire class was watching curling before our instructor came. We wanted to keep watching haha

Leave a comment:

• EdmcCaff87
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro
    Wiki link

The game is thought to be invented in late medieval Scotland, with the first written reference to a contest using stones on ice coming from the records of Paisley Abbey, Renfrew, in February, 1541. (Scotland created golf too)

Curling has been an official sport in the Winter Olympic Games since the 1998 Winter Olympics.

The level of precision and complex nature of the strategic thinking required to win has led curling to be referred to as "chess on ice."

In 2001, curling was named the official sport of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.

In the 2006 Olympics, half of the U.S. men's and women's curling teams hailed from the small Minnesota town of Bemidji, population 13,000.

....umm yeah thats nice and all I just thought it was pretty funny when I had a chance to catch it on TV While me and my daughter sat throw a Dora cartoon she was watching. It just looked pretty weird when I flipped through ansd saw two people on each side scraping the ground with push brooms as fast as they can to make the floor slick for the puk or whatever they call that thing.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Its called CURLING... and its been around forever. Its in the olympics and is actually pretty fun to watch. Its a popular sport in some of the regions that have ice sports.
    All valid points and all have been made before in the thread........please read entire thread before posting..hehehehehehe

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Hahahaha. There's a sport called Curl? http://www.curltv.com/
    who'd ever think there be such a lame sport and be profitable all in one.
    Its called CURLING... and its been around forever. Its in the olympics and is actually pretty fun to watch. Its a popular sport in some of the regions that have ice sports.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    "Don't knock it 'til you try it, you may grow to like it."

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X