--- December 7th ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- December 7th ---

--- December 7, 1941, Japan's surprise attack on Pearl Harbor marked the entry of the United States into World War II ---

--- 2388 personnel were killed in the attack, including 1,177 sailors and marines that died on the USS Arizona ---

--- President Franklin D. Roosevelt began his address before a joint session of the Senate and House of Representatives while asking for the declaration of the existence of a state of war with the Japanese Empire, at the Capitol, December 8, 1941 with this phrase:

--- “Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy” ---

USS Arizona Underway

USS Arizona Burning

USS Arizona Memorial

--- More:
    http://www.nps.gov/archive/usar/home.htm

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 12-06-2006, 06:26 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- December 7, 1941, Japan's surprise attack on Pearl Harbor marked the entry of the United States into World War II ---

--- 2388 personnel were killed in the attack, including 1,177 sailors and marines that died on the USS Arizona ---

--- President Franklin D. Roosevelt began his address before a joint session of the Senate and House of Representatives while asking for the declaration of the existence of a state of war with the Japanese Empire, at the Capitol, December 8, 1941 with this phrase:

--- “Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy” ---

--- More:
    http://www.nps.gov/archive/usar/home.htm

It's very important to remember Pearl Harbor, AZ, and thank you for making this thread! I was just talking to my daughter about this last week, as she had a major history project where she had to do a presentation on WWII and the Atomic Bomb. It's important parents talk to their kids about this day as well!
    WE MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

i always remember the day...
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

We will never forget.

I saw the beach scene of Saving Private Ryan for the first time and I was very close to tears. It's impossible to comprehend what those men and women went through.

:usa:
        Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

I salute them and all vets. :usa:

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
          How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
            We will never forget.

I saw the beach scene of Saving Private Ryan for the first time and I was very close to tears. It's impossible to comprehend what those men and women went through.

:usa:

i think the part that gets to me is at the end in the cemetary.... but again i always will remember and honor those that faught in that war...i think of my grandmother who has since passed on...and my granfather that i nor my father knew, because he was killed on dec 19 1944 at the battle of the bulge when my dad was three...i think of my grandmother brother who also served there and died later from complications after being sent home...i think of those like her who had loved ones who laid thier life on the alter of freedom and what they went though...

i think of my people who gave the highest percentage of soldiers for the war and also suffered the hightest casulty rate of any nationality...even today we lost a arapaho member in iraq

this week the last original navajo code talker also died...

so yes i think about this war all the time
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Thanks AZ for always trying to help us remember important events in our history.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Hey AZ... This tragedy turned to be the worst mistake of this war (for Japan & Nazis) : bring the USA into the war...

Now it sure was a very sad day that we (even outside the US) will remember...

I will hijack (I know you won't mind AZ) your thread to salute all the people who fought the evil...
                for the past, the present and the future..
                Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

My flag is out and I am wearing my uss Nevada hat BB-36,the only ship that got underway during the attack and beached itself near hospital point.I got it on my second visit to pearl...
                  Never forget!
                  sigpic

Comment

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
                    R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16081690/?GT1=8816

A good read !
                      sigpic

Comment

I salute all veterans and the solders that put their lives at risk so we can all live our lives.

THANKYOU!!!

Thanks for posting this reminder!

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

Dec 7, 1941 observed

today we honor them. the attack that sent my family to the front lines.

Comment

Originally posted by kcvet
                            today we honor them. the attack that sent my family to the front lines.

AZSnakeFan already has a thread for this, yesterday. FYI!

By the way, nice to meet you, Kcvet!
                            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                              AZSnakeFan already has a thread for this, yesterday. FYI!

By the way, nice to meet you, Kcvet!
                              hey thanks. nice meetin' you to.

Comment

Working...
                              X