Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy SAVES HIS DOG from Red-Tailed Hawk!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy SAVES HIS DOG from Red-Tailed Hawk!!!!

I thought this was such a great story!

Chris Campo states, “I didn’t really think - I just turned around and kicked the bird,” he said. “My dog was being attacked.”
    http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=171325

Red-tailed Hawk Photo: http://www.sculptures-by-bjh.com/ima...20LEFT-840.jpg

National Geographic Fowl Facts:
    Type: Bird
    Diet: Carnivore
    Average lifespan in the wild: 21 years
    Size: Body, 18 to 26 in (45 to 65 cm); Wingspan, 3.8 to 4.3 (1.1 to 1.3 m)
    Weight: 24.3 to 51.5 oz (690 to 1,460 g)
    Did you know? The red-tailed hawk is displaying an aggressive posture when it holds its body and head upright, and its feathers are standing erect.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Originally posted by His Wife

Chris Campo states, “I didn’t really think - I just turned around and kicked the bird,” he said. “My dog was being attacked.”

Huh!

Brave kid.

Comment

Wow thats a big bird thats is a brave kid.
      sigpic
      Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

just waiting to hear all the tree huggers come out about this one...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
          Have you hugged your tree lately?

Cool story, I hope I would do the same for my dog, if that situation.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
          How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

"And A Child Shall Lead Them"
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
              Stand-up comedian? I think so!
              Funny guy.
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Comment

It was just a hawk...not exactly awe-inspiring
                Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                  It was just a hawk...not exactly awe-inspiring
                  No one used your words exactly, but to some of us
                  we think it's a great story, and the kid is quick on his feet
                  to react. Not everyone would do that, not everyone would
                  feel that brave, so to me....it's awe inspiring that a little
                  boy loves his dog enough to make a positive contribution,
                  unlike some people I know.

Comment

A large animal was about to attack my cat so i kicked it silly and then squished it...

...ok, so it was just a ground squirrel...

....but I would've done the same thing had it been a large animal......
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

No one used your words exactly, but to some of us
                      we think it's a great story, and the kid is quick on his feet
                      to react. Not everyone would do that, not everyone would
                      feel that brave, so to me....it's awe inspiring that a little
                      boy loves his dog enough to make a positive contribution,
                      unlike some people I know.

I should have been more clear: I think just about every kid would have done the same in that situation...I mean its their dog
                      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

those hawks are dangerous regardless of their size. those claws alone can tear skin to shreads. Brave kid.
                        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Working...
                        X