to buy an ipod or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to buy an ipod or ?

okay well the spindle on my cd player in the car broke so i plan on getting an mp3 player that way i wont have to keep my cd's in the car.

the question is whether or not to buy an ipod or a different make and model?

any suggestions?
    Glen Haven Fire

Well, I've had two different kinds. I've had the cheap off-brand mp3 players and I recently bought an iPod video. Some things you need to consider:

1) Price - If your on a tight budget, I'd go with a cheaper one. You can buy some mp3 players for $30 or maybe even cheaper, but keep in mind that you may get what you pay for.

2) Storage Capacity - If you have alot of CD's that you want to put in a player, I'd recommend the more expensive ones. The cheaper ones have alot less storage space than the expensive ones. The cheap 256MB mp3 I have holds around 50-75 songs, while the 30GB iPod video can hold up to 7500 songs, or a combonation or songs, pictures, and video. The video iPods also come in 60GB and 80GB I believe.

Hope that helps some.
    Last edited by SyxxSynse; 12-12-2006, 04:50 PM.

Comment

every little bit helps, thanks.

I have almost 5 straight days of music on my computer and that doesnt include half of my cd's
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Well then, if price isn't a problem, I'd go with an 80GB iPod video. I'm not sure how much they hold, but I'm guessing around 20,000 songs. They're probably $350-$400.

Comment

Id go with an ipod not only because of the quality but because of the enormous amount of accessories out there.
          sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSyxxSynse
            Well then, if price isn't a problem, I'd go with an 80GB iPod video. I'm not sure how much they hold, but I'm guessing around 20,000 songs.

yeah bu i dont need the video part of it. How much does the regular 80gig one cost?
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
              Id go with an ipod not only because of the quality but because of the enormous amount of accessories out there.
              Yeah, iPod does have alot of accesories. Other brands probably won't have alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
                you have a good point with the accessories. I really dont know an mp3 player that is better than the ipod but i dont know much about other mp3 players so i was hoping to find out about some new ones just so i have some options
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                  yeah bu i dont need the video part of it. How much does the regular 80gig one cost?
                  Should be around $350-$400. You can just put songs on the 80GB video. You don't have to put video on it.

Comment

If you have a lot of music and some money...get an iPod.

Don't hesitate, they are absolutely worth the money.
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Now, Microsoft have come out with the Zune. Its the competition to iPod. But I don't know anything about them, but their probably the same thing as iPod, just different name brand.

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                        If you have a lot of music and some money...get an iPod.

Don't hesitate, they are absolutely worth the money.
                        I agree, I love my new iPod.

Comment

Other ones I'd research...the Zune, and the Zen from Creative.

Zen:

http://www.creative.com/products/wel...bcategory=214&

Zune

http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/device.htm

If in doubt get an Ipod.
                          sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

There is no such thing as a regular 80 gig Ipod, it only comes in video if you want that big of memory.

If you just want songs I would get an ipod nano.

It holds 2,000 songs and is really really small compared to a video ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                              There is no such thing as a regular 80 gig Ipod, it only comes in video if you want that big of memory.

If you just want songs I would get an ipod nano.

It holds 2,000 songs and is really really small compared to a video ipod.
                              but it sounds like he has alot more than 2,000 songs. the 80 GB ipod holds 20,000 songs (plus video and stuff if your into that sort of thing) and is 349.00 bucks.
                              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Working...
                              X