Letters from Iwo Jima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters from Iwo Jima

this is the followup to flags of our fathers. did anyone get to see???? I did. It portrayed the famous battle from the american point of view. which is usually what we see. not sure maybe this is a 1st in movie history???? Eastwood now comes back with the 2nd movie. letters from Iwo Jima which presents the battle from the Japanese side. I understand the dialogue is japanese with subtitles. which many of you may not like. no problem for me. im gonna see it.

http://iwojimathemovie.warnerbros.co...framework.html

kc...I wanted to see it and never did but will be seeing it when it gets released to
    DVD...

My dad was a Marine and fought on Iwo Jima and was awarded a Purple Heart
    which I now have....

To Dad....
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Good find.....I'd like to see it.
      sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
        kc...I wanted to see it and never did but will be seeing it when it gets released to
        DVD...

My dad was a Marine and fought on Iwo Jima and was awarded a Purple Heart
        which I now have....

To Dad....
        I assume he survived???? dont look for 2/12 hrs of non stop blood and guts. but what you do see is intense. it really focus's on the surviving flag raisers who do a nationwide whirl wind tour to drum up war bonds. with flashbacks to the battle. the famous flag raising photo was a re enactment of the first. the media claiming the 2nd was a fake.
        both my late dad and uncle served also. my dad on a heavy cruiser in the med. and my uncle killed U-boats in the atlantic. I carried on the tradition in vietnam. hope you enjoy the movie. a salute to you and your dad. Vet

Comment

Originally posted by kcvet
          I assume he survived???? dont look for 2/12 hrs of non stop blood and guts. but what you do see is intense. it really focus's on the surviving flag raisers who do a nationwide whirl wind tour to drum up war bonds. with flashbacks to the battle. the famous flag raising photo was a re enactment of the first. the media claiming the 2nd was a fake.
          both my late dad and uncle served also. my dad on a heavy cruiser in the med. and my uncle killed U-boats in the atlantic. I carried on the tradition in vietnam. hope you enjoy the movie. a salute to you and your dad. Vet
          of course he survived...I'm here!!!! I came along years later...
          I was just looking at this site....its a good one with lots of info and pictures....

http://www.iwojima.com/
          Last edited by KCLadyFan; 12-12-2006, 05:34 PM.
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

of course he survived...I'm here!!!! I came along years later...
            I was just looking at this site....its a good one with lots of info and pictures....

http://www.iwojima.com/
            oh yeah. doink. ill pm ya. its still showin' Vet

Comment

oh yeah. doink. ill pm ya. its still showin' Vet

lol...
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

lol...
                there were a ton of babies made during that war. any war.

Comment

there were a ton of babies made during that war. any war.
                  well I wasn't made til years later....
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Working...
                  X