Xmas Party With Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Party With Kids

We are having our annual Christmas party with friends this Saturday. This year we are expecting 18 kids with the parents. With that many kids, you need entertainment right? So we play games that have prizes. I am looking for any other ideas besides what we do here:

The kids begin by getting a stocking and stickers so they can put their name on them. Glue and Glitter are a big :nono: Learned that lesson a long time ago along with silly string but that is another story. LOL.

After the kids get their stockings named, they sit around the table and make paper snowflakes. We find two snowflakes that are somewhat similar for the second game.

Game 1) The kids line up. We have a picture of Santa Claus on the wall that has his nose marked as the bullseye. Each kid is given a red nose with tape and blindfolded. They must put the nose on Santa. Like pin the tail on the donkey. One kid gets prize for being closest.

The kids are now divided into 2 teams.

Game 2) They line up on both sides of our pool table in a row. They are all handed a straw. First kid must hold the snowflake by sucking through the straw. No hands. Then they pass the snowflake down the line and back again. First team done wins a prize. But we don't have losers. Losing team also gets a prize.

Game 3) Same teams. Index cards are used to spell out a Christmas phrase with a letter on each card. The teams must figure out what the words are and spell it using the cards. Words like Snowman - Christmas Tree - Santa Claus etc. Teams again get prizes.

Game 4) Same teams. The kids line up once again. First kid in line has 4 candy canes put on their index fingers hanging down. They then pass the candy canes from kid to kid by using finger to finger. All 4 candy canes must be transferred before they move on. Candy cane falls, they start over. Prizes awarded again.

Game 5) Same teams. Now this game is a hoot. Kids line up once again. There is a huge bowl of peppermint candies on one end of the room. At the other end we have volunteer parent hold an empty stocking. The kids use a ladel to scoop up as many candies as possible, take to the other end of the room and start filling the stocking. Kid returns to the line, passes the ladel and then goes to the back of the line. First team to fill stocking wins.

Last year we had a parent disqualification. LMAO! Two daddies were chosen to hold the stockings. Well, one of the daddies cheated by putting pool table balls in the stockings while no body was looking. I said... wow...team one filled that stocking pretty fast. After examining the stocking it was discovered that there were 3 pool balls in there. ROFLMAO! This had everyone cracking up. This year it will be the mommies.

All the prizes were wrapped and after each game the kids are forced to put them in the stockings they created at the beginning. Once the games are completed, they all get to open the prizes.

That keeps the kids busy the rest of their stay so BroncoManiac69 can start hitting the booze. LOL

So my question is this. Do any of you have any other ideas for games?

Thanks In Advance!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

How old are the kids gonna be, cause if their 5-10 they're not going to want to make snow flakes(atleast I would't)... Where do you live.. They could have a nice game of touch/flag football if you live down south wheres theres no snow..

Comment

Kids love to go caroling.

Kareoke for the kids, with prize.

Pinata is always fun.

One large party I had with family, 76 people attended with 22 kids. We had Santa come to the house. I had purchased boys and girls gifts (boys wrapped in one color and girls wrapped in another), so Santa could hand them out easily without having to find their names. (My Dad was Santa. He loved playing the part so much, he ended up being Santa at the Federal Bldg in KC for nearly 10 years).

Those parties are so much fun! You will have to tell us how it went and what you ended up doing, B69!
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

No game suggestions from me...

and God bless the person who will be cleaning the Broncomaniac_69 home afterward...
        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by bruce80_267
          How old are the kids gonna be, cause if their 5-10 they're not going to want to make snow flakes(atleast I would't)... Where do you live.. They could have a nice game of touch/flag football if you live down south wheres theres no snow..
          Actually the snowflake thing went over very well last year. Then they all got to tape them to our sliding glass door. That looked pretty cool when it was done. And they are in the 4-11 age range. And it is Waaaaay too cold to be outside. We have been in a deep freeze for a month already here in Utah.

Originally posted by His Wife
          Kids love to go caroling.

Kareoke for the kids, with prize.

Pinata is always fun.

One large party I had with family, 76 people attended with 22 kids. We had Santa come to the house. I had purchased boys and girls gifts (boys wrapped in one color and girls wrapped in another), so Santa could hand them out easily without having to find their names. (My Dad was Santa. He loved playing the part so much, he ended up being Santa at the Federal Bldg in KC for nearly 10 years).

Those parties are so much fun! You will have to tell us how it went and what you ended up doing, B69!
          Karaoke. The adults will be getting into that. We have an awesome setup for that. Could get interesting if we get a kids disc. Didn't think of that. THANKS!

Pinata. Hmmmm. I will have to consider that. But my wife has alot of glass around the house. Could get scary. LOL

And I thought you were going to come over and clean Law Man

sigpic

Comment

I got an idea... if you get good packing snow tell their parents and bring their kids mittens and coats and hats. Then go outside and make a snowman with the groups made you'll be then judge and the best snowman wins!

Comment

I got an idea... if you get good packing snow tell their parents and bring their kids mittens and coats and hats. Then go outside and make a snowman with the groups made you'll be then judge and the best snowman wins!
              We have been colder than crap since Halloween and no snow.

sigpic

Comment

Just spike the punch and then they will provide their own entertainment....J/K...stop calling social services on me. I have only done that once.

Seriously, I don't have any ideas. Probably why I don't have any parties and just attend them.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  Just spike the punch and then they will provide their own entertainment....J/K...stop calling social services on me. I have only done that once.
                  LMAO you nut! Now THAT could get interesting.

Mommy why is the room spinning?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                    We have been colder than crap since Halloween and no snow.
                    And you cant play touch/flag football.. just have the kids wear coats or heavy sweaters. The adults would have fun watching their kids playing football....

Comment

And you cant play touch/flag football.. just have the kids wear coats or heavy sweaters. The adults would have fun watching their kids playing football....
                      There lies yet another problem. The front yard is full of lighted deer, trees, fences, candy canes, an 8' Santa and an 8' Snowman. No room. LOL.

And the back is weeds and dirt. Landscaping not completed back there.

I get what you are saying though. I hope it is somewhat nice so we can be outside at least at the beginning. Once it gets dark around here (around 5:30ish) it gets COLD! Huge difference once that sun goes down here at 5800' elevation.

sigpic

Comment

You don't have a football field near your house (w/e) If you do you could make the game before the party to get this started up.. Then after the kids and the parents and go to your house and have something fun and enjoyable to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                          We are having our annual Christmas party with friends this Saturday. This year we are expecting 18 kids with the parents. With that many kids, you need entertainment right? So we play games that have prizes. I am looking for any other ideas besides what we do here:

The kids begin by getting a stocking and stickers so they can put their name on them. Glue and Glitter are a big :nono: Learned that lesson a long time ago along with silly string but that is another story. LOL.

After the kids get their stockings named, they sit around the table and make paper snowflakes. We find two snowflakes that are somewhat similar for the second game.

Game 1) The kids line up. We have a picture of Santa Claus on the wall that has his nose marked as the bullseye. Each kid is given a red nose with tape and blindfolded. They must put the nose on Santa. Like pin the tail on the donkey. One kid gets prize for being closest.

The kids are now divided into 2 teams.

Game 2) They line up on both sides of our pool table in a row. They are all handed a straw. First kid must hold the snowflake by sucking through the straw. No hands. Then they pass the snowflake down the line and back again. First team done wins a prize. But we don't have losers. Losing team also gets a prize.

Game 3) Same teams. Index cards are used to spell out a Christmas phrase with a letter on each card. The teams must figure out what the words are and spell it using the cards. Words like Snowman - Christmas Tree - Santa Claus etc. Teams again get prizes.

Game 4) Same teams. The kids line up once again. First kid in line has 4 candy canes put on their index fingers hanging down. They then pass the candy canes from kid to kid by using finger to finger. All 4 candy canes must be transferred before they move on. Candy cane falls, they start over. Prizes awarded again.

Game 5) Same teams. Now this game is a hoot. Kids line up once again. There is a huge bowl of peppermint candies on one end of the room. At the other end we have volunteer parent hold an empty stocking. The kids use a ladel to scoop up as many candies as possible, take to the other end of the room and start filling the stocking. Kid returns to the line, passes the ladel and then goes to the back of the line. First team to fill stocking wins.

Last year we had a parent disqualification. LMAO! Two daddies were chosen to hold the stockings. Well, one of the daddies cheated by putting pool table balls in the stockings while no body was looking. I said... wow...team one filled that stocking pretty fast. After examining the stocking it was discovered that there were 3 pool balls in there. ROFLMAO! This had everyone cracking up. This year it will be the mommies.

All the prizes were wrapped and after each game the kids are forced to put them in the stockings they created at the beginning. Once the games are completed, they all get to open the prizes.

That keeps the kids busy the rest of their stay so BroncoManiac69 can start hitting the booze. LOL

So my question is this. Do any of you have any other ideas for games?

Thanks In Advance!

This might sound sacreligious, especially coming around Christmastime (Snowball fights, hide and seek, the works) But I would highly suggest buying a Wii...its great entertainment for everyone and it gets everyone up and moving.

Granted its $250 for a party...but it creates
                          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Dude a Wii would get every kid wanting to come over! I would come.... Where do ya live?!?!?!?

Comment

What in the heck blam is a Wii?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X