Pole-Dancing Classes for KIDS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole-Dancing Classes for KIDS?

Okay...I enjoy searching for the Bizzarre news of the day...and this is it.
    Your thoughts?

Pole dancing classes - for kids

A fitness instructor is to launch pole dancing classes - for children as young as 11.

Laraine Riddell wants to teach boys and girls to spin up and down on the poles, reports Metro.

Children's charity Kidscape have condemned the move, in Choppington, Northumberland.

The 38-year-old, who also teaches adults to pole dance, believes there is nothing sexual about children learning the moves.

These involve lifting and resistance work which builds youngsters' muscles, she explained.

"It has nothing to do with what you see in strip clubs," said Ms Riddell. "It is a way of getting fit and having fun."

Kidscape director Michele Elliott said: "Pole dancing is an activity where women on stage are given money which is stuck in their underwear. To teach 12-year-old girls pole dancing is out of order.

"I am sure pole dancing is good exercise - but so is stripping. Strippers have great bodies. By all means give the kids exercise, but just skip the poles."

http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id...Dnews.quirkies
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Can't say I like this idea. The crazy things people come up with

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
      Strippers have great bodies.

Mmmmmmyeah, that' not entirely true...

I dunno, I guess this is where the individual has the ultimate power as a consumer to object on their own...

I say, if people sign their kids up, it's their perrogative...provided the children aren't scantily clad, over perfumed and sleazy...
      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Kidscape director Michele Elliott said: "Pole dancing is an activity where women on stage are given money which is stuck in their underwear. To teach 12-year-old girls pole dancing is out of order.
        I dunno. I kinda agree with this. I know one thing. As a parent I would never allow my 12 year old daughter to this.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

From strip club to health club

This article is about pole dancing, I don't agree that young children should be taught to do this or not, but it does give an idea of what it's about.

From strip club to health club

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
          How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Law Man
            Originally Posted by His Wife
            Strippers have great bodies.
            Mmmmmmyeah, that' not entirely true...

I dunno, I guess this is where the individual has the ultimate power as a consumer to object on their own...

I say, if people sign their kids up, it's their perrogative...provided the children aren't scantily clad, over perfumed and sleazy...
            That was the article itself quoting that "strippers have great bodies".
            FYI. Yet, I still wouldn't sign my own daughter up for this just to have
            her reputation slaughtered before adulthood. When my child is an
            adult, well...that will be her perrogative...but KIDS don't understand
            what goes with 'the pole' yet.
            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

That was the article itself quoting that "strippers have great bodies".
              FYI. Yet, I still wouldn't sign my own daughter up for this just to have
              her reputation slaughtered before adulthood. When my child is an
              adult, well...that will be her perrogative...but KIDS don't understand
              what goes with 'the pole' yet.

Do you mind, I'm eating!!!!!!!!!

All I will say about this, and a lot of stuff in general is

THE LUNATICS ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM!!!!!!!!!!
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

I have no daughters (praise God)...

Dancing around a pole does not make them strippers...

Lemme ask how many of y'all out there ever been to a school dance any time recently as a chapperone or otherwise...

The daughters tend to slaughter their own reputation quite well...

My statements was and remains, in todays society of the obese...

Exercise is good...

Bad is what you make it...

besides, I'm a tough guy...and as we all know, tough guys don't dance...
                I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Well sometimes you just know if the kid is born with a gift?!

Ok, I’m kidding.

Comment

Okay...I enjoy searching for the Bizzarre news of the day...and this is it.
                    Your thoughts?

Pole dancing classes - for kids

A fitness instructor is to launch pole dancing classes - for children as young as 11.

Laraine Riddell wants to teach boys and girls to spin up and down on the poles, reports Metro.

Children's charity Kidscape have condemned the move, in Choppington, Northumberland.

The 38-year-old, who also teaches adults to pole dance, believes there is nothing sexual about children learning the moves.

These involve lifting and resistance work which builds youngsters' muscles, she explained.

"It has nothing to do with what you see in strip clubs," said Ms Riddell. "It is a way of getting fit and having fun."

"I am sure pole dancing is good exercise - but so is stripping. Strippers have great bodies. By all means give the kids exercise, but just skip the poles."

http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id...Dnews.quirkies

Hey I'm 14 and I wouldt mind to go watch...

Comment

Please, no one tell Michael.
                      sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it. Pole dancing may have a bad stigma, but if everything's innocent why not.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                        - Carl Sagan

Comment

:brick:

:brick:
                          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Well...if they're attractive...

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

what they aren't gonna teach the guys to pole dance too? well... then its def wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X