Year 2 6/7

They make up Infants

Then its

Year 3 7/8
    Year 4 8/9
    Year 5 9/10
    Year 6 10/11

That make up Junior.

The Infant part and the Junior part make up a Primary school. They are two schools put together to make one school.

Year 7 11/12
    Year 8 12/13
    Year 9 13/14
    Year 10 14/15
    Year 11 15/16
    Make up High schoolWhich will be a completely different shcool to the Primary School.

Then its college, university whatever. But in America I know its different, but what is different about it?

By the way the 13/14 or the 7/8 indicate what age group is in that year.

Elementary school:

Kindergarden 5/6
    1st Grade 6/7
    2nd Grade 7/8
    3rd Grade 8/9
    4th Grade 9/10
    5th Grade 10/11

Middle School:

6th Grade 11/12
    7th Grade 12/13
    8th Grade 13/14

High School:

Freshman: 14/15
    Sophmore: 15/16
    Junior: 16/17
    Senior: 17/18

then college!

Comment

Thanks!

CP coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
        Elementary school:

Kindergarden 5/6
        1st Grade 6/7
        2nd Grade 7/8
        3rd Grade 8/9
        4th Grade 9/10
        5th Grade 10/11

Middle School:

6th Grade 11/12
        7th Grade 12/13
        8th Grade 13/14

High School:

Freshman: 14/15
        Sophmore: 15/16
        Junior: 16/17
        Senior: 17/18

then college!

Lots of school systems run to 6th grade at the Elementary level, and dont enter Middle School until 7th.

That's how it worked for me at Cherry Creek, and my kids at Douglas County.

Comment

I wonder how the US education system shapes up to the UK one. Well. Our exams are DIRE. Both GCSE (taken at 16) and A Level (18) require very little active thought and is more a regurgitation-of-knowledge exercise. Yet people come out of school unable to spell properly and have crappy grammar and syntax (seriously...one thing which REALLY gets me is the random assortment of incorrect apostrophe use. Sigh). Not good.
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
            Lots of school systems run to 6th grade at the Elementary level, and dont enter Middle School until 7th.

A fellow Huskie, eh?
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn

I think they may have changed it in Cherry Creek since your time (Ice age perhaps? ).

I went there and they did 1-5, then 6-8

Comment

It's 6-8th grade for middle school in my area but I do know kids that have that other type of middle school.

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                  A fellow Huskie, eh?
                  No no, I meant the Douglas County School sytem. My Daughter went to Sagewood Middle School for 7th & 8th, and is now a senior at Ponderosa.

She did go to AP classes at DC for about 6 months in here freshman year. But wanted to go back to where all her friends were.

They should rename that school, as there are now like a dozen high school in the county.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                    I think they may have changed it in Cherry Creek since your time (Ice age perhaps? ).

I went there and they did 1-5, then 6-8
                    My Elementary doesnt even exist anymore. But isnt West still just 7th & 8th grades?

I think they change stuff periodically, and also have different system depending on area.

In Highlands Ranch, the Elementary was year round, but not out here. Same system (Dougles), just different schools.

I dont miss the year round system............

Comment

Working...
                    X