Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had Christmas Carolers Come To MY Door Tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had Christmas Carolers Come To MY Door Tonight!

I couldn't believe it! A group of 15 Christmas Carolers came to my door and sang "Silver Bells." One of my favorites by the way. My whole family loved it!

It's been about 30 years since Christmas Carolers came to my door so I thought I'd pose the question:

When was the last time Christmas Carolers came to your door?

Or,

Have you ever gone Christmas Caroling?

(Multiple choices are allowed)
    Yes, Christmas Carolers have come to my door within the past 20 years.
    14.89%
    No, I haven't seen any Carolers for more than 20 years
    36.17%
    I have Caroled my neighbors within the past 20 years
    10.64%
    I have never Caroled my neighbors
    29.79%
    I once Caroled my neighbors but I was very drunk.
    8.51%
    Last edited by PatsCrowEater; 12-16-2006, 05:26 PM.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

I went caroling with a group of friends last year, I had a blast and the people seemed to really like it. Our only problem was when we sang Rudolph one guy didn't know the silly way to sing it and we all started that version but he didnt and it was funny.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

never caroled or been caroled to...

people still do this huh???

but I could or probably could if I was drunk...
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I have had carolers at my house but longer than 20 years ago.

There at least one missing option.
        I have caroled also longer than 20 years, not when I was drinking, but rather as a child.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Nevr been caroling, it's best that way...I'm no Maynard Keenan...

If people came to my door singing, it would definitely be an awkward moment...

I think my children would be afraid...

I think that this old-world tradition died out when folks started shooting at people who came to the door...

my guess anyway...
          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I used to go caroling every year. Tradition when I was young (up to 6 years ago)...

But we didn't do it in the neighborhood... we did it at an old folks home.

Aren't I sweet?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Law Man
              Nevr been caroling, it's best that way...I'm no Maynard Keenan...

If people came to my door singing, it would definitely be an awkward moment...

I think my children would be afraid...

I think that this old-world tradition died out when folks started shooting at people who came to the door...

my guess anyway...
              It was not too awkward for me. I heard the carolers at my neighbors house and didn't think they would come to my door because I don't have any Christmas lights out front.

But then my neighbor called and said they were heading my way.
              I got my family ready so it wasn't too awkward. It was actually pretty cool. But I agree, Christmas Caroling is definitly a dying tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                I used to go caroling every year. Tradition when I was young (up to 6 years ago)...

But we didn't do it in the neighborhood... we did it at an old folks home.

Aren't I sweet?
                Very sweet. CP for you being a nice little kid.

Comment

Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                  Very sweet. CP for you being a nice little kid.
                  Awww.... Thanks....

Yeah... it was my church that did it though, so when my family moved and I moved out, I haven't been since...

I guess I'm helping the tradition die...

Comment

I have not been caroling since I was a kid, so let's see...
                    30 years. Haven't seen carolers for at least 25 years.
                    I think they are great. Good, clean fun!
                    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon

Aren't I sweet?

no. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

The government strictly prohibits me from singing.

So, if I ever went with a caroling group, I would be the dancer

Which I'm not that good at, but it doesn't make you want to saw your ears off with a rusty dinner knife....

Comment

There were idiot chior people caroling at lunch in school a couple days ago.

I wanted to punch their faces.

Comment

lalala

When I was on rescue some of us would go caroling at the hospital and nursing home, I think they were usually glad when we were gone since we didn't sing very well lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerz
                              When I was on rescue some of us would go caroling at the hospital and nursing home, I think they were usually glad when we were gone since we didn't sing very well lol.
                              You mean they needed a defibulator following the act?
                              Good morning Summerz! Nice to see you!
                              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
                              X