Another day in the Law Man's world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day in the Law Man's world...

I could come onto Broncomania and talk about work every single day because I have the world's greatest job as a police officer...

Every single day there is a story to tell, sometimes MANY stories to tell...

Today was a fun one...

I was bored to tears and couldn't find a car to pull over as Saturday morning traffic is generally light and it was raining, so travel was even lighter...

I got a call for a possible Aggravated Harassment complaint at a supermarket in one of the towns that I was working in today...

Harassment is somewhat self-explanatory...and Aggravated Harassment is just Harassment with circumstances that "aggravate" a situation...

I started talking to this guy when I got there and he gave me his life story and bits and pieces about what had taken place that may be a crime on someone else's part...

I guess what had happened was, some dude who's wife works at the store called this guy who was managing the overnight shift to say that she wasn't going to be in...
    Apparently, the woman saw another co-worker out at a bar who had called in for the night...
    She and the co-worker had an altercation at the bar and threats were made...etc...
    Anyhoo...
    This guy calls the overnight manager in anger to say "My wife ain't coming in tomorrow, and if you got a problem with it, I'll talk to you with my AK-47"...

Surprisingly enough, the guy was surprised when I arrested him...

and even more so surprised when I siezed his Russian assault rifle...

Yep, yep, yep...makin' a difference out there...
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Originally posted by Johnny Law Man
    I was bored to tears and couldn't find a car to pull over

ooo, boohoo.

Comment

Keep it up!

(I thought you were going to have a fun drunk driver story, and I was going to say something along the lines of 'I wish you hadn't pulled me over'... but that guy's just crazy.)

Comment

LOL Thats Crazy.... Well keep it up man...

Comment

JLM....Did you have to go to the man's house to arrest him?
          Just curious, since he's made a threat with an AK47, if you
          have the right to look for any and all weapons that he may
          have within his person or home?

I love hearing these stories.

So did they do anything with 'his woman' who worked at
          the store?
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
            Keep it up!

(I thought you were going to have a fun drunk driver story, and I was going to say something along the lines of 'I wish you hadn't pulled me over'... but that guy's just crazy.)

Nope, I'm working 7-3 for another week, then 3-11's...

I do however, have a cool drunk driver story to tell...

A week or two ago...

I was sitting in seclusion while running stationary radar on the outskirts of one of the cities that is located in my County...

It was, oh about 2:30 AM and there weren't really any cars on the road...

except for 1...

I watched about 1/4 mile ahead of me as he stopped for the traffic light, signalled right and made a right turn into the driving (left) lane of the two lane highway that leads out of the city...
            As he drew near to my location, I watched him drift into the right lane as if he were coming right toward me...
            He pulled into the same driveway of the business that I had to pull in so that I could run the radar...I'm thinkin' here we go with another stupid question (as people will stop to ask about a tree that grows near the border with their neighbor's yard like I'm some kind of an expert on that)
            then....
            the guy pulls up parallel to me on the grass...
            I look at him...
            he slowly draws his eyes up to look at me...
            quickly looks straight ahead...
            and proceeds to back out and re-enter the roadway...
            I immediately pulled out after him and pulled him over after he nearly struck the guardrail 3 times...
            I said "How are we doin' tonight?"
            He said "I had some beers?"...as his head weaved in a small circular pattern...
            dude blew a .27 back at the ranch...
            the legal limit in NY is .08...
            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
              JLM....Did you have to go to the man's house to arrest him?
              Just curious, since he's made a threat with an AK47, if you
              have the right to look for any and all weapons that he may
              have within his person or home?

I love hearing these stories.

So did they do anything with 'his woman' who worked at
              the store?

Yep...I had been there before too...
              I remember having gone there becasue the wife who was on Xanax and had 2 Zima's was passed out and unresponsive...
              Good lord she was an insufferable grumpy-puss...

I knocked on the door and the kid came to it and I asked him his name, he told me and I told him that he needed to come down to the station with me...

I never let him out of my sight...he grabbed his shoes and we went out to my car...

Actually, we would have never known about the Russian assault rifle had he not flapped his gums about it...
              the kid was a convicted felon previously and had no right to possess a firearm in his residence per New York State law...
              He tried to tell me that it was his wife's and we took it anyway...
              he'll get it back when the case is disposed of...

I dunno what they did with her...far as I know she's still employed there...

Comment

--- Keep up the good police work JLM !!! ---

--- Another AK off the street ---

--- You handled a situation that could have gone south !

--- We thank you, and all the law officers for putting your lives on the line on a daily basis to serve and protect !

--- Be safe JLM !!!

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Good work JLM.

We could keep these people laughing, crying, and stunned with an entire thread on here full of stories between the two of us.

Comment

Working...
                  X