Gifts n Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifts n Batteries

When you buy someone a gift that requires battery operation do you buy the batteries that are needed and include them in the gift

I always have - my mom always said to not buy a gift like that if you cant give the batteries to operate it

And I remember getting gifts like that as a kid (I purchase my own baterry operated toys these days ) and being so PO'd that the batteries werent there cause we never had extra batteries at my house
    Yes - of course, its only right
    84.00%
    No - screw em I gave them enough they can get their own damn batteries
    16.00%

I think it's the nice thing to do.
    What if they can't afford the batteries....
    they are dang expensive these days.

I think it's good of you to do that.
    However, I will tell you...if someone doesn't
    include the batteries, I think that's okay too.
    It's still a gift someone gave another.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
      I think it's the nice thing to do.
      What if they can't afford the batteries....
      they are dang expensive these days.

I think it's good of you to do that.
      However, I will tell you...if someone doesn't
      include the batteries, I think that's okay too.
      It's still a gift someone gave another.
      True. Its the thought that counts, but its nice when the thought comes with four AA Duracell's.

Comment

Give the batteries, nothing like getting a gift on Christmas and not being able to enjoy it. I don't like going out on Christmas to buy batteries.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
          Give the batteries, nothing like getting a gift on Christmas and not being able to enjoy it. I don't like going out on Christmas to buy batteries.

Nothing makes kids madder either.

I should know
          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
            When you buy someone a gift that requires battery operation do you buy the batteries that are needed and include them in the gift

I always have - my mom always said to not buy a gift like that if you cant give the batteries to operate it

And I remember getting gifts like that as a kid (I purchase my own baterry operated toys these days ) and being so PO'd that the batteries werent there cause we never had extra batteries at my house
            I go to a dollar store and buy the one that comes in like 8 batteries in one package. it only last about 5 minutes....but hey the person who receive the gift thinks its an expensive battery.

Cheap people ftw!
            XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
              I purchase my own battery operated toys these days

damn! so many possibilities for snide comments that i can't decide on one. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

If you can buy a battery operated toy, the least you can do is make sure it is able to be played with on the day!
                President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
                  I go to a dollar store and buy the one that comes in like 8 batteries in one package. it only last about 5 minutes....but hey the person who receive the gift thinks its an expensive battery.

Cheap people ftw!
                  Thats what I do too.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Working...
                  X