X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Atwater*
    replied
    Originally posted by The Executioner
    I go to a dollar store and buy the one that comes in like 8 batteries in one package. it only last about 5 minutes....but hey the person who receive the gift thinks its an expensive battery.

Cheap people ftw!
    Thats what I do too.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    If you can buy a battery operated toy, the least you can do is make sure it is able to be played with on the day!

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by orangenblue420
    I purchase my own battery operated toys these days

damn! so many possibilities for snide comments that i can't decide on one. . . .

Leave a comment:

• The Executioner
    replied
    Originally posted by orangenblue420
    When you buy someone a gift that requires battery operation do you buy the batteries that are needed and include them in the gift

I always have - my mom always said to not buy a gift like that if you cant give the batteries to operate it

And I remember getting gifts like that as a kid (I purchase my own baterry operated toys these days ) and being so PO'd that the batteries werent there cause we never had extra batteries at my house
    I go to a dollar store and buy the one that comes in like 8 batteries in one package. it only last about 5 minutes....but hey the person who receive the gift thinks its an expensive battery.

Cheap people ftw!

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
    Give the batteries, nothing like getting a gift on Christmas and not being able to enjoy it. I don't like going out on Christmas to buy batteries.

Nothing makes kids madder either.

I should know

Leave a comment:

• Day1BroncoFan
    replied
    Give the batteries, nothing like getting a gift on Christmas and not being able to enjoy it. I don't like going out on Christmas to buy batteries.

Leave a comment:

• SyxxSynse
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    I think it's the nice thing to do.
    What if they can't afford the batteries....
    they are dang expensive these days.

I think it's good of you to do that.
    However, I will tell you...if someone doesn't
    include the batteries, I think that's okay too.
    It's still a gift someone gave another.
    True. Its the thought that counts, but its nice when the thought comes with four AA Duracell's.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    I think it's the nice thing to do.
    What if they can't afford the batteries....
    they are dang expensive these days.

I think it's good of you to do that.
    However, I will tell you...if someone doesn't
    include the batteries, I think that's okay too.
    It's still a gift someone gave another.

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    started a poll Gifts n Batteries

Gifts n Batteries

Yes - of course, its only right
    84.00%
    No - screw em I gave them enough they can get their own damn batteries
    16.00%
    When you buy someone a gift that requires battery operation do you buy the batteries that are needed and include them in the gift

I always have - my mom always said to not buy a gift like that if you cant give the batteries to operate it

And I remember getting gifts like that as a kid (I purchase my own baterry operated toys these days ) and being so PO'd that the batteries werent there cause we never had extra batteries at my house
Working...
X