No announcement yet.

How far will you Travel for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far will you Travel for Christmas?

Since this week is a very busy travel week/weekend. Just wondering how far you travel for the Holiday?

Either drive or fly? OK, for me its 0. I host my family, and extended family (around 40). So I spend the days before cooking & cleaning.

I'm driving about 10 miles to my sister-in-law's house.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Around 10 yards.

All the way down the corridor from my bedroom to the kitchen.

I hope the traffic isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
        Around 10 yards.

All the way down the corridor from my bedroom to the kitchen.

I hope the traffic isn't bad.
        Well, if your house is anything like
        mine....watch out! Especially the cross-traffic
        to the bathroom. I'll have the same
        traffic considerations myself this year!
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
          Well, if your house is anything like
          mine....watch out! Especially the cross-traffic
          to the bathroom. I'll have the same
          traffic considerations myself this year!
          No queues for the bathroom for me fortunately.

I'm posh.

I have an en suite bathroom

Comment

800 miles to Denver from West Texas....going to the Broncos-Bengals game

oh yeah, and seeing family.

Comment

Not going anywhere this year. Normally we travel 3 hours to Evansville...but God willing this year, maybe I'll go into labor (AFTER the Bronco game! ) and have to make the 4 mile trip to the hospital.

Of course, I can hear the conversation between me and hubby now..
              "C'mon...we gotta go. Your water broke."

"No. Just a little longer. OH WOW! Did you see that pass?! Go (long pause as contraction hits) Broncos!"

"Let's goo...there will be TV's in the hospital...."

"Rub my feet, damn you. I'm trying to watch the game!" <Grunt and groan as another contraction hits>

sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

2 hours to Las Vegas for us. Leaving Sat morning but coming back Monday afternoon. Will spend Christmas day at home.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Over the hills and through the woods to grandmother's house on Christmas Eve: 35 miles...

Then, on to the bypass and up the hill to grandmother-in-law's house on Christmas Day: 7 miles.

Next, a hop to the cabinet and over to the stove for a Hot Buttered Rum: 20 feet

Finally, shuffle down the hall and jump in to the sack: 30 feet
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                    Over the hills and through the woods to grandmother's house
                    on Christmas Eve: 35 miles...

Then, on to the bypass and up the hill to grandmother-in-law's house on Christmas Day: 7 miles.

Next, a hop to the cabinet and over to the stove for a Hot Buttered Rum: 20 feet

Finally, shuffle down the hall and jump in to the sack: 30 feet
                    MnG..."I" wanted to post that! Dog-gone-it anyhow.
                    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Comment

Maybe 20 miles, give or take. Not very far.
                      sigpic

Comment

flying from pittsburgh to minneapolis then back to pittsburgh and on to boston and back....
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                          flying from pittsburgh to minneapolis then back to pittsburgh and on to boston and back....
                          That's a lot of traveling there, Armed.
                          And you could definitely run into bad weather
                          on that trip. Driving? Flying? (with company/alone?)
                          I'm just nosey.

Comment

Lots of freeway time but no air time! 15 miles to my parents house on Christmas Eve, 90 miles to Ms. Calif. Girlfriend's house on Christmas day!

Comment

It's about 30 miles to Invesco for the Bengal game, and about 30 miles home.

So about 60 miles total.

Comment

Working...
                              X