Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teens Finds $24K in Long Island Theater!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teens Finds $24K in Long Island Theater!

Teen finds $24K in Long Island theater, returns every last dollar!

ROCKVILLE CENTRE, N.Y. (AP) — A woman who lost $24,000 in cash at a movie theater says she was stunned when the teenager who found the wad returned it.
    QUICK QUESTION: What would you do if you found $24,000?

The teen, Christopher Montgomery, of Lynbrook, didn't want to speak about his good deed. His mom, Donna Montgomery, said he's not the type of person to want all the attention.

But for RoseMarie Limoncelli, the 19-year-old college student's choice was commendable.

Limoncelli, who runs a business, said her life could have been flipped upside down if she hadn't recovered the pouch of $100 bills wrapped in rubber bands.

The money, which she was carrying because she hadn't had time to go to the bank, fell out of her purse as she sat Friday inside the AMC Fantasy theater watching Happy Feet with her 8-year-old daughter, Sabrina.

Christopher Montgomery, an employee at the theater, found the money while he was cleaning between the seats. He turned it over to his manager, who gave it back to Limoncelli after she called the theater in a panic.

The teen has refused Limoncelli's offer of a cash reward. But Limoncelli said she hopes he at least accepts a gift certificate to an electronics store.

"It's so commendable to see a teenager do something so wonderful for someone else," she said.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Who is stupid enough to carry 24,000 in cash, let alone lose it.

EDIT:

The teenager involved is definetely a rare one these days. He should be given some sort of award.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

He was offered one.. Dude I would've kept the money not knowing what would've happened to her.. Then again if you have 24k on hand you MAKE time to go to the bank.....

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan

EDIT:

The teenager involved is definetely a rare one these days. He should be given some sort of award.
        I agree who is stupid enough to carry around 24k in cash.

I am a teen and i know i would have done the same thing. I don't think i could live with myself if i took 24k from someone even if it was them who lost it. It would just feel like stealing to me.

Comment

Isn't it possible that old woman robbed a store or a bank to carry that large cash?

to the college boy.
          XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

I have to admit that I probably would have kept the money... I know that sounds bad, and I probably would have felt a little bit guilty, but I still would have.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan

EDIT:

Yeah, Like $12,000 for it's $12,000 more than
              the person would have had had he not returned it to him!
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Call me greedy, immoral... Call me what you will- But I'd pocket that cash. In a hearbeat. Or at least skim a little off the top. We're talking semi-life changing money here (At Least for a teenager).

IMO, if you are dumb enough to carry 24k in cash around to a move theater, and then lose it- that's your own fault. And he wouldn't accept a cash reward? This guys got more willpower than I ever will. (Or he's rich, or he's dumb)

Comment

I would have returned it, or at least attempted to.

If I was not an employee, I would have gave my information to the manager, not the money, just in case someone claimed it.

After 1 month, I would have no problem spending it on a new car.

I don't think its immoral to keep the money. It is a lot of cash and could definately help some people out. So I don't view any of you guys in a negative light

Comment

Hmmm........ this is one tough moral issue. It has no right or wrong answer here. If he reached into her purse then it would be considered stealing. He however was on the clock so turning it in was the right thing to do. If I would have found it I probably would have prayed on the matter and might have called the police dept. to report it. I would not trust that large of an amount to any other person.

How many of you found a coin on the street and pocketed it? Nothing wrong there huh. Same goes for 24K
                    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

The woman deserved to lose that money. Like everyone else said, how dumb is that? To take it into the theater. At least leave it at your place of business or in your car or something if you don't have time to properly deposit it into your bank. She is lucky the kid was honest enough to return it but he was being totally responsible as an employee of the movie house.

And yep. I would jump on that reward in a New York Minute!
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                        Call me greedy, immoral... Call me what you will- But I'd pocket that cash. In a hearbeat. Or at least skim a little off the top. We're talking semi-life changing money here (At Least for a teenager).

IMO, if you are dumb enough to carry 24k in cash around to a move theater, and then lose it- that's your own fault. And he wouldn't accept a cash reward? This guys got more willpower than I ever will. (Or he's rich, or he's dumb)
                        I agree. It would probably eat at my insides for a while but i'd eventually get over it.
                        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

This is stupid, she didn't have time to put it in the bank but she had time to watch a movie? And after the movie she doesn't check if she still has it? Ridicoulous,

ps...i would of kept the money, just being honest...
                          sigpic

Comment

i would haver returned it because it is so much money, i would think thats all someone has and they prolly need it for something very important, or maybe a ransom, i dont know, now if it was a couple hundred or so..... see ya
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                              i would haver returned it because it is so much money, i would think thats all someone has and they prolly need it for something very important, or maybe a ransom, i dont know, now if it was a couple hundred or so..... see ya
                              Are you kidding? Somone carrying $24 g's in a movie theater are most likely rich, stupid, and _____ you fill in the blank...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X