UK News (Ha)-Dangerous Gas Emissions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK News (Ha)-Dangerous Gas Emissions!

Can you guess what this is going to be about?

LifeStyle Extra
    Sunday, 10th December 2006, 16:18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - A chartered flight had to make an emergency landing after a passenger lit a match to disguise the smell of his fart.

The Dallas-bound American Airlines flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers said they could smell burning.

All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off the plane and searched while the plane and luggage were also thoroughly investigated.

One female passenger admitted to the FBI that she had struck some matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odour."

A spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority said: "It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well.

"It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again and the woman was not allowed back on the plane but not charged.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Your twin was hoping this story would not leak out *makes note - must remind Den21 not to eat mushy peas and brussel sprouts before air travel in future*

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws

Your twin was hoping
      this would not leak out *makes note
      - must remind Den21 not to eat mushy peas and brussel sprouts before air travel in future*
      No doubt about it!
      I do think my Twin is hiding for sure now.
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Comment

Right up there with some idiot politicians ideas to tax methane emmissions from cow poop!
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Bumped for male twins who cannot see because of the fog

Comment

The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19

See Twin? It wasn't so bad!

Comment

A chartered flight had to make an emergency landing after a passenger lit a match to disguise the smell of his fart.

One female passenger admitted to the FBI that she had struck some matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odour."

A spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority said: "It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well.

"It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again and the woman was not allowed back on the plane but not charged.
                Somewhat confusingly, the first part of the story describes the passenger as a he, whilst the latter part refers to a woman.

Perhaps, it was not Den21 after all, but his female twin?

Comment

Somewhat confusingly, the first part of the story describes the passenger as a he, whilst the latter part refers to a woman.

:nono:

Well now..... ....it's possible I suppose.
                  Kind of sounds like me....but I haven't left the state.
                  Although....it's been pretty foggy here!

Comment

Ah, well that makes more sense

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife

Long distance farting..........truly a weapon of mass destruction

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife

Well, on the 9th December, a cousin of mine who works for the FBI said that he counted 56 matches in your matchbox but that 24 hours later, there were only 53 and as you don't smoke and have a gasfire in your home, I'm afraid the evidence overwhelmingly points towards you

Comment

Long distance farting..........truly a weapon of mass destruction
                          ROFL, perhaps they could make it an Olympic Sport.

That would be one sport where I could truly excel

Comment

Well, on the 9th December, a cousin of mine who works for the FBI said that he counted 56 matches in your matchbox but that 24 hours later, there were only 53 and as you don't smoke and have a gasfire in your home, I'm afraid the evidence overwhelmingly points towards you
                            I've been discovered and by the FBI? Yikes!
                            *Hmmm....I didn't think anyone would notice*

Comment

I only ever use a Zippo............

or two dry sticks

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Working...
                              X