All My Stuff In My Harddrive Is Gone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
    I think you said it was drive H:, is this correct? Can you see drive H: (or whatever drive letter it is) when you are in Windows Explorer? If not it has to be unplugged inside the case either where the power plugs into the drive or the data cable plugs into the motherboard or the drive. If you can see the drive letter in Windows Explorer and there is no data on the drive, it has been erased somehow. You may still be able to recover it, but it's a lot more complicated.

If it's an internal drive, meaning it's inside the computer case and plugged into the motherboard directly, your choices are to check the cables or take it to a computer place.

Any ideas as to how the files got erased?

Comment

Whenever you start unplugging things you run the risk of erasing information...

Maybe you lost certain drivers to that drive that won't allow you to view the info in those folders..

Have you tried upgrading drivers on your comp....??

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

If you can see the drive letter of the drive in question and the files are missing, the best thing to do is a search of all the drives in your computer for the files that are missing. It would depend on the type of files, most pictures would be in the format of <image???.jpg> so do a search for *.jpg on MyComputer.

Find the My Computer icon and right click, on the menu that opens up click on search and in the left pane click on "All Files and Folders". Then in the "All or part of the filename:" area type in "*.jpg" without the quotes, then click on search and wait for it to finish. When it's finished, see if any of the files are the missing ones, if so find where they are and move them back to the proper place.

If you need more detailed info, let me know. I'll try to help all I can.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
          If you can see the drive letter of the drive in question and the files are missing, the best thing to do is a search of all the drives in your computer for the files that are missing. It would depend on the type of files, most pictures would be in the format of <image???.jpg> so do a search for *.jpg on MyComputer.

Find the My Computer icon and right click, on the menu that opens up click on search and in the left pane click on "All Files and Folders". Then in the "All or part of the filename:" area type in "*.jpg" without the quotes, then click on search and wait for it to finish. When it's finished, see if any of the files are the missing ones, if so find where they are and move them back to the proper place.

If you need more detailed info, let me know. I'll try to help all I can.
          They are all gone.

And I keep getting these Windows installing download boxes whenever I do anything and it's really annoying.

Comment

try taking the harddrive out and plugging it back in, maybe you accidently unplugged a wire?

Comment

Is there a way to even get my Itunes stuff back???

I had 3 movies and +200 songs in it and a season of Heroes on it!!!

Comment

lol......ouch

sounds exactly like what happened to me when my last computer blew up

the only way you can get it back is if its on your iPod, update Itunes on another computer to its fullest and you should be able to transfer the stuff from the iPod to iTunes when something along the lines of "Files are found on Your iPod that are not found on your Computer, would you like to transfer them?"

just simply click yes

and if that doesnt work, i guess we should start backing up our libraries, yes?

Comment

I'm assuming that the drive letter is still available and that some or alll of the files are missing, if this is incorrect tell me.

The only way at this point I know of without talking to you personally is you would need to take your computer to a computer store and tell them you problem, they will probably be able to get at least some of the data back. You should turn off the computer immediatley and take it to a computer store. The more time that your computer is running, the less likely it will be to retrieve the data.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                  How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Did you get access to your drive and files back? If you were cleaning your fan I'd bet you bumped a connection lose. But when said "I keep getting these Windows installing download boxes" that sounds like a virus. If you're still stuck take it to a PC repair store. Good luck, PCs can drive you nuts.

Comment

If it is an external drive and you did not remove it safely (do that by clicking on your bottom bar near the clock and it should safely remove it and then you can take it out of the computer, then that is why your info. might have been erased.
                      MMA News
                      MMA News 247

Comment

Thanks for everyones suggestions, I actually got all my songs and tv episodes back (exept the 3 movies ) by taking them from my ipod and putting them back into itunes which was a mother-

So I guess the moral of the story is computers suck ass and I rule the universe.

Actually it's back up all your crap or else you will deeply regret it and threaten suicide (I didn't actually think about commiting suicide)

Comment

Working...
                        X