Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leoj_cos
    No vote.
    My Mom passed away in October and Christmas was always when me and my sister would go home to be with our Mom and Dad. It still doesn't seem real.
    sorry to hear that...I have been thru that myself... my condolenses to you....
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

No vote.
      My Mom passed away in October and Christmas was always when me and my sister would go home to be with our Mom and Dad. It still doesn't seem real.
      I'm sorry to hear that.
      Same has happened to me before, and just this year lost 2 close friends during the Holidays.
      I have seen better years as far as that goes.
      I know when I worked the Holiday shifts when I was on rescue I always prayed the beeper would not go off.

Comment

No vote.
        I'm sorry to hear that as well, LC. I lost a family member in
        August myself. My heart goes out to you.
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

It was bad.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
          - Carl Sagan

Comment

Mine was probably an 8 or 9, We celebrated Christ's birth so all glory to Him, but My parents weren't here this year(moved to MT) so I kinda missed them being here. While usually holidays and gatherings are very loud and hectic around here, this year it was more relaxed. So that was a plus. Our kids that we adopted were so greedy when we got them that they would tear through probably 30 gifts each and then ask "what else did I get, or is that all" and then not even remember what they got. So we have been prssing the true meaning of Christmas, and have cut back drastically on the number of gifts.(remember we have 7 kids $$$$$$$) All in all, It was a great Christmas as it was intended.
            sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
              It was bad.
              sorry to read this....hope everything is ok for you.
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

No vote.

It get's easier little by little. But it will always in the back of your mind!

But Christmas is about family and it's the best day to remember those who can't be with us. When you have the rest of your family around you.

Comment

Working...
                X