X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coal powered cars are in our future.

The Link

The New Coal Car
    The technology dates to the 1920s, but today's prices make liquid coal for cars a live option. The result is an investment boom.

Click the link to read the rest. It is a very interesting read.
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Wow, thats really cool! I love the new ideas for powering cars and making things more efficient!
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

I'll never drive one.
      Originally posted by Soldier96B
      i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
        I'll never drive one.

If that was what all the cars were running on you would!

Comment

that would solve our pollution problem... GOOO SCIENTISTS... those jack basses..

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4
            that would solve our pollution problem... GOOO SCIENTISTS... those jack basses..

My Dad and Mom are scientists!

J/k....but I dont think they are "jack basses"

Comment

I'd be fine with it, as long as they find a way not to have black smoke
              coming out of the exhaust of every car. I think it's a shame we don't have safety checks on cars anymore, although it probably got to the point it wasn't very feasible with the population.
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                coming out of the exhaust of every car. I think it's a shame we don't have safety checks on cars anymore, although it probably got to the point it wasn't very feasible with the population.
                I didn't think about the black smoke...that would be so nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
                  If that was what all the cars were running on you would!
                  No, I wouldn't. Internal combustion will always be around. Why? Because it's what people know. Not enough people are willing to accept a change this drastic. So, in conclusion, I will never drive one of those stupid coal-powered cars.

Comment

impossible... if there was a way to change the exhaust... they would have done it already... i think...

Comment

There is an emissions control in Colorado. If black smoke comes from the exhaust it automatically fails. No emissions sticker no liscense plate.

Comment

Originally posted by 16milehigh87
                        There is an emissions control in Colorado. If black smoke comes from the exhaust it automatically fails. No emissions sticker no liscense plate.
                        No...because then diesel would fail every time. They smoke from the factory.

Find me IN WRITING where it says it fails automatically for black smoke.

Comment

I think a coal powered engine would be a diesel just using coal oil instead of diesel fuel.

I'm not sure about Colorado, but California has different standards for diesel emmisions than for gasoline engines. It would most likely be similar for liquid coal although that's a guess on my part. From what I've read so far, liquid coal is much cleaner than diesel or gasoline.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                          How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

so my chirstmas gifts werent all bad

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                              No...because then diesel would fail every time. They smoke from the factory.

Find me IN WRITING where it says it fails automatically for black smoke.
                              Colorado’s smoking vehicle hotline gives motorists and others the ability to report smoking vehicles to the state Air Pollution Control Division through a telephone hotline (303-692-3211) or by e-mail. The state air division then provides owners of smoking vehicles with information that will encourage them to voluntarily make needed repairs. Repairs to smoking vehicles are required if a vehicle fails a mandatory emissions test because of a visible smoke problem. The cause of such smoke must be corrected before the required emissions sticker can be issued. Also, a police officer may stop a smoking vehicle, issue a ticket and order the owner to make repairs. Colorado law provides for a $25 fine for the first violation of the smoking vehicle law. The fine for subsequent violations is $100 (C.R.S. 42-4-412, 413). Some local municipalities have additional ordinances and fines for operating a smoking vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X