The " I need help" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The " I need help" thread

Why not create one thread for all the " I need help if i should chose this or that for my birthday" or " Help me i bought a computer but i need help with something"

Originally posted by TheWookieeBronco
    Why not create one thread for all the " I need help if i should chose this or that for my birthday" or " Help me i bought a computer but i need help with something"

Great idea fur ball I mean Wookiee.
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Originally posted by BlueFlames
      Thank you errr.... furless, whoops i mean human.

Comment

Well i need help becuase i want this but it only ships the the U.S and it wont work on a English DVD player

Comment

Well i need help becuase i want this but it only ships the the U.S and it wont work on a English DVD player
          Furball, my old man got me that for Chrimbo

You can order from Amazon UK

As for the region coding, some DVD players can be bought multi-regional, such as this or you can use the Video Lan to 'sidestep' the region coding on your PC's DVD drive..........I've been using both methods for a while now
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
            Furball, my old man got me that for Chrimbo

You can order from Amazon UK

As for the region coding, some DVD players can be bought multi-regional, such as this or you can use the Video Lan to 'sidestep' the region coding on your PC's DVD drive..........I've been using both methods for a while now
            They don't have it on Amazon UK. Also i can't afford a multi regional DVD player.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueFlames
              I love that...."Furball"....with affection of course!

Hey WookieB....that was brought up in the feedback forum, and it's
              a very good idea. There really does need to be a thread in that forum
              just for trouble shooting, problem solving, and answering questions. :thumb:
              And Furball fits your Wookiness.
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

They don't have it on Amazon UK. Also i can't afford a multi regional DVD player.
                You can order it through Amazon's marketplace

I've ordered stuff through both Caiman & dvdlegacyuk without any problems.

I think the players start at around £20, or you can download the VLC player for free, which is what I use on my laptop

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

Do you have a DVD Player on your computer or something else?

Comment

You can order it through Amazon's marketplace

I've ordered stuff through both Caiman & dvdlegacyuk without any problems.

I think the players start at around £20, or you can download the VLC player for free, which is what I use on my laptop
                    So i can download something that will let me play it on my computer?

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                      I love that...."Furball"....with affection of course!

Hey WookieB....that was brought up in the feedback forum, and it's
                      a very good idea. There really does need to be a thread in that forum
                      just for trouble shooting, problem solving, and answering questions. :thumb:
                      And Furball fits your Wookiness.
                      Well thats me, full of er....furriness and ...err....Wookieeness

Comment

So i can download something that will let me play it on my computer?
                        Yeah, just down the Windows version of the Video LAN VLC player from the link I put up before, and that will decode the regional settings, without changing the region on the DVD drive on your PC.

If you've got two DVD drives, which I know some PCs have, then you can set one of them to Region 1 through properties in the control panel. You can only change this setting 4 or 5 times though, so I'd suggest the VLC player

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Yeah, just down the Windows version of the Video LAN VLC player from the link I put up before, and that will decode the regional settings, without changing the region on the DVD drive on your PC.

If you've got two DVD drives, which I know some PCs have, then you can set one of them to Region 1 through properties in the control panel. You can only change this setting 4 or 5 times though, so I'd suggest the VLC player
                          Becuase my virus scan is kind of down, is there any chance you know, i may get a computer virus?

Comment

Becuase my virus scan is kind of down, is there any chance you know, i may get a computer virus?
                            I don't know mate, it didn't flag anything up when I downloaded it a couple of months back for my lad's PC.

What's up with your anti-virus?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

I don't know mate, it didn't flag anything up when I downloaded it a couple of months back for my lad's PC.

What's up with your anti-virus?
                              Needs resubscribing. Waiting for my dad to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X