Ipod Nano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod Nano

I cant seem to get this kids thing to work - I DL'd the software itunes or whatever and it shows that the songs are on the ipod cuz when u open up the folder in my computer you can see they are on the device - but we cant get them to play - when we unplug it the ipod shows nothings on it - what the heck - can any one help?

ipod... lucky.... Check on the bottom of itunes (after you plug it in) if theres a bar that says how much memory you have left on the ipod (lucky). if it says 0 then try to transfer the files again....... that is all i can say as i havent used my ipod in like 2 years..... neva had this prob

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      I cant seem to get this kids thing to work - I DL'd the software itunes or whatever and it shows that the songs are on the ipod cuz when u open up the folder in my computer you can see they are on the device - but we cant get them to play - when we unplug it the ipod shows nothings on it - what the heck - can any one help?
      Ok first of all you probably just put the songs in your itunes library and not the actual Ipod to fix this.

Click the Ipod button when your in Itunes.

It should show the summary of your ipod on the screen.

You know where it shows the check marks?

Uncheck the one that says manualy manage music and videos.

Then it might show a message box that says are you sure you want to do this and you can just click ok.

Then right click on your ipod button and click the Sync.

All your stuff should sync with your library and presto!

Be sure that when you take out your Ipod you click the Eject button first or else it might ruin the hardware of your Ipod.

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=81031

Try asking here. This is what it is made for

Comment

Thats why you dont download music illegaly children

Comment

what i mean by that is, different formatted songs dont work with iTunes

if it were a CD however, just take the cd and import it through iTunes itself

IF you were downloading music "free" i will not even think to help......

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket

iv'e never had a problem importing any type of downloaded music to itunes or my ipod.

Comment

check the batteries!!!
                IdopE

Comment

First the songs werent DL'd illegally - i paid for my music program - and some of the songs were ripped from CD's - so BITE ME -

Next - Wookie - I put it in ABF so more people would see it - if the mods want to move it - so be it - i dont care and neither should you

Finally - thanks to the rest of you for your help BUT - when the ipod is connected it shows that the space is used up also i did the sync thing and it took over an hour and reformatted the songs and supposedly put them on the ipod - i even tried with Windows Media Player -

And Im not lucky - its not mine - its my sons friends - spoiled lil **** - and you should hear the way he talks to his mom - man if he were mine the only thing he'd get for xmas is an ass whoopin by me and several members of my family if he talked to me that way

He said it didnt come with a manual and I spent like an hour at the ipod website trying to figure it out - Im not a computer moron - i can do alot but this one has me I followed all the directions but Im gonna try your suggestion xxxbroncoxxx to see if that works - and I do make sure I eject it properly

Thanks to those that gave real suggestions -

for those that had snide lil comments - well - just well
                  Last edited by orangenblue420; 12-28-2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
                    check the batteries!!!
                    IdopE

Awww BITE ME

Comment

well they called apple directly and they walked them through it

thanks for the help guys

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                        well they called apple directly and they walked them through it

thanks for the help guys
                        do i sense sarcasm... no one actually helped.. they all just made stupid comments thinking its funny...

edit except xxbroncoxx and me but i didnt really help... i just stated the obvious..........

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4
                          do i sense sarcasm... no one actually helped.. they all just made stupid comments thinking its funny...

edit except xxbroncoxx and me but i didnt really help... i just stated the obvious..........

In a post above I addressed everyone personally - someone helped - others tried - I was brought up to be polite - i also told off the ones who were being asses - Ive LEARNED to speak my mind

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket

Mp4s and Mp3s work for me, those would be the only types I used. I'm pretty sure .wav 's work as well.

I think you probably just had them in the itunes library. Just drag the songs to the nano after you plug the USB2 cable into the ipod and computer. Then hit the eject thing in the itunes thing cause that could cause all sorts of problems for your ipod.

I did that once, and my ipod kinda got screwed up for a while until somehow it starts working perfectly again.

Technology is weird like that.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

OB...normally the first thing to do when you have iPod trouble is to call the nearest Apple Store.

Hope that helps
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X