Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's so bad about being a vampire? (Blade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by shawny
    Actually being converted would kick *ss. Im sure you have seen Lost Boys.

Up all night partying, fondling strange women and such. Also Blade was half vampire which would seem he could see both sides of the story. Or did the movie potray him as a vamp on the verge of turning? I need to watch it again. At any rate wouldn't there be alot of these half vamp/humans around? How would they fit into all of this?

Blade's mother was bit when she was pregnant with him so he is only half. He has all the powers but none of the weaknesses. Actually that's not entirely true. He has the thirst for blood. But he takes injections for that.

I myself would gladly give up my humanity for immortality and kickass powers. I sure I would find a blood supply somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• shawny
    replied
    Actually being converted would kick *ss. Im sure you have seen Lost Boys.

Up all night partying, fondling strange women and such. Also Blade was half vampire which would seem he could see both sides of the story. Or did the movie potray him as a vamp on the verge of turning? I need to watch it again. At any rate wouldn't there be alot of these half vamp/humans around? How would they fit into all of this?

Leave a comment:

• Uula Bear
    replied
    Good point, and yes I've discussed this with some of my friends. I wouldn't go signing up, but if I was converted, I deffinently would off myself.

Leave a comment:

• What's so bad about being a vampire? (Blade)

I was rewatching Blade the other day and was wondering, what's so bad about being a vampire? Whistler says to the doctor that if she starts to turn, she should buy a gun and shoot herself, it's better than the alternative... why is that? Sure, you may not get to see sunlight any more or eat garlic, but other than that, you're still alive and kicking and get some funky new powers too... is that really a fate worse than death? Deacon Frost and the other turned vampires seemed to be pretty happy with who they were, and the familiars not only wouldn't mind being turned into vampires but actively want to become vampires.

Plus, what is up with Frost's view on humans? He says "these creatures are our food," but he was one of them once himself, and then he boasts about how when La Magra comes, everyone would be turned... wouldn't that make humans on a par with vampires as well? If he has such contempt for humans, wouldn't he want to destroy them, not turn them?

And finally, what's up with slaying vampires? Yes, they're spreading their disease around -- as the doctor said, vampirism is just akin to a sexually transmitted virus -- but to draw another analogy, we don't have people going around killing AIDS patients just because they can spread. Of course, this issue is never really examined because all of the vampires very conveniently happen to all be Bad Guys. But if there was a good vampire who tried to do the right thing, is it still right to kill them for just doing what they have to do by their nature, an act that ultimately doesn't harm the victim?

I'm sure this issue has come up and been examined in other shows (I've never seen Buffy or Angel, but this question had to have come up at some point there, right?). Granted, no one should be forced to be turned into a vampire against their will, but is it worth, as Whistler said, committing suicide over? It doesn't seem like it would be to me...

Benny
Working...
X