Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial thoughts on the San Diego game/Party in Cali...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial thoughts on the San Diego game/Party in Cali...

Okay - since we all got caught up in talking about this on blue's 5000 thread, i just thought i'd bring it up here. By the way, i'm talking about the game December 5th, at 1:05 game (that's important hangover info), in San Diego.

So, who thinks they'll be making the trek out here for it?
    If you will be here for it, what are your thoughts of getting together the Saturday before?
    Would anyone be interested/able to attend a gathering in the LA area? Or will you be stuck in San Diego?

Horsesense and i were tossing around suggestions etc...and of course we have MONTHS to plan this LOL... but i just figured if we got some general ideas and thoughts it would help us narrow down location and time etc. Horsesense and I must start stock piling booze!
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Like I said before, I will know more closer to December than I do now...But if I do make it out, it won't be alone...I can't give any details of that right now, because things have not been finalized, so we'll see...

Don't ya love mystery?

Comment

Ah yes, the ever mysterious Blue Damsel... Yeah, i figured it was early to be asking...but then i started wondering if people would be stuck in San Diego and not able to come up to LA, and my mind start to run wild with plans. There are bars, there's Horsesense's yard, there's my apartment, there are bars. Or there's san diego which i don't know too much about - though i'm sure Jared (who'll be up in this area then) would have some suggestions. I'm babblilng. Sorry. I'm just refusing to work but i need to look busy....
      Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

LOL I know that feeling...
        Well, wait a second...Is my memory going wrong or is the Oakland game the week prior to that? (t-giving weekend?)--or is that the Denver version of us vs them?
        Grr it is the home game...Was going to say it would be awesome if we were out there for two weeks--once for the faid game & then the bolts game the week after...

Anyway, from the sounds of it, if I do make it down there, it will be, like I said, with a group of people--so I don't know that any of y'all making arrangements for where I can stay would be helpful yet--unless we got a specific hotel that we could all stay at...If I do make it down, I won't have personal transportation, but I'm sure that someone would be willing to pick me up? ...What if we were able to plan a hotel gathering, and then have the locals meet us there? We can go from there to local bars, restaurants, etc...just need a semi-central location.

Comment

Unlike Blue, I will know sonner rather than later. I like to make my plans months in advance, well I kinda have to with my job & location. I'm down with whatever...I'm easy. A BBQ in Horsense's back yard sounds awesome for Saturday.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
          Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
          Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
          Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
            Unlike Blue, I will know sonner rather than later. I like to make my plans months in advance, well I kinda have to with my job & location. I'm down with whatever...I'm easy. A BBQ in Horsense's back yard sounds awesome for Saturday.
            Yeh well, I'm also working with three different job's demands!

Speaking of job # 3--Who's up for a spa treatment while I'm there? hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
              Yeh well, I'm also working with three different job's demands!

Speaking of job # 3--Who's up for a spa treatment while I'm there? hehe.
              Kewl...spa treatment. This lady I work with goes to this place in Seattle where they get pretty nasty. I'm not talking x-rated, it's jsut stuff I wouldn't feel comfortable letting people do to me. Is there disgusting stuff happeing at the place your at?

Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
              Mike Caro

Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

No, I work for a company that does in-home spa parties & then gives you the education of how to recreate a day spa for yourself for less than half the cost of a regular spa...including exclusive treatments like microderm abrasion & things like that. It's really a great company to be involved with and a lot of fun...I just really want to get to work with it so that I can earn my mustang (company car, completely mine if I go director...)

Comment

No, I work for a company that does in-home spa parties & then gives you the education of how to recreate a day spa for yourself for less than half the cost of a regular spa...including exclusive treatments like microderm abrasion & things like that. It's really a great company to be involved with and a lot of fun...I just really want to get to work with it so that I can earn my mustang (company car, completely mine if I go director...)
                  That would be cool to have a Mustang as a company car. Back to the Party. I'm going to turn in my leave request to make it to the SD game. Holy crap, I'm so retarded. my R&R in Janurary doesn't start until the 12th and ends on the 26th. This changes things for the Indy game...If I go to LA I won't have enough leave to get there early...I'll have to leave Anchorage Sat the 1st on a red eye and hopefully get to Denver before the game starts...I'm gonna have to look online at flight time...Be back later.

Baha'u'llah

Mike Caro

Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Okay you've got me way confused with your planning like 5 different things at once...

Comment

Okay you've got me way confused with your planning like 5 different things at once...
                      I know, I re-read the stuff I wrote and some of it doesn't make sense. Here's what I'm talking about:
                      I might have to leave Anchorage on Saturday the 1st around midnight and get into Denver @ 10:30 Sunday morning (not sure if that'll even be enough time to make it to the game). The good news is I'll be down south till the 25th, I'm gonna go down to Phoenix & Vegas for a while though, between games.
                      As for the San Diego game I'm going to try and fly down on the 3rd and shoot up to Vegas after the game.
                      I'm going to try and work something out with my boss so I can leave earlier than the 1st for the Indy game.
                      I hope that makes sense.

Baha'u'llah

Mike Caro

Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

10:30 is about the time we start tailgating--You should be fine with that...Most games don't start around here till 2ish...I forget if the Indy game is going to be a night game again or not.

Comment

10:30 is about the time we start tailgating--You should be fine with that...Most games don't start around here till 2ish...I forget if the Indy game is going to be a night game again or not.
                          I just checked the schedule and it is the 4:15est game, so I should be alright.

Baha'u'llah

Mike Caro

Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

While L.A. would be better and close for me by then, a road trip to SD would be ok too. As long as I can get adequate day care...or I could visit my sister in law.....maybe make an overnight trip of it.....

Let me know.

I'm game either way.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

babysit babyschmit...You should bring her!

Comment

Working...
                              X