X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    Saw it and it was hillarious!

FUN FACT:

You actually very rarely drown in quicksand, since it is just upwelling water and sand mixed. Quicksand is more dense than normal water, so you float fairly easy in it.

In fact, you tend to reach equilibrium about chest high. You still die in it though, usually from dehydration as you sit, stuck, in it.

And that, is the fun fact of the day
    I also heard most of them arent more than 3-5 feet - although Id be screwed - LOL

Comment

Holy hell I watched "Anger" for a good 10 min before I went to bed! I love that...dude the Chicken is good stuff my friends, that was ill nation!

Comment

Funny stuff orangenblue!

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
        2. Taxes
        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
          Saw it and it was hillarious!

FUN FACT:

You actually very rarely drown in quicksand, since it is just upwelling water and sand mixed. Quicksand is more dense than normal water, so you float fairly easy in it.

In fact, you tend to reach equilibrium about chest high. You still die in it though, usually from dehydration as you sit, stuck, in it.

And that, is the fun fact of the day
          I live close to the missouri river banks, relatively speaking. My dad grew up swimming and hanging out around the river growing up (70 years ago), prior to all the damns being put up and stopping the river from it's natural channel range. So back then, when he played around the river, quicksand was definitely an issue. Now, it still exists, but due to the damning, I understand it's not nearly as populous a problem as days of old. He said you learn to recognize it and avoid it, just like poison ivy and things on that line when you are around the river. However, he has known a couple of kids that were killed due to quicksand on the river bottom, where they stepped into it and drowned. I had a similar experience swimming in the Platte river and getting stuck, sinking quickly, and friends pulled me out. We were walking between sandbars. I was 16 years old. Haven't walked the river since. Lost my shoes.
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
          X