Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else still sticking to their diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else still sticking to their diet?

I think I am finally back to the point that I don't feel like I am on a diet.
    Man I was letting myself eat what ever from Thanksgiving on. And I could tell. I had no energy.

I am back to the 1400 cals a day. Now I need to get better about regular work outs.

Anyone else sign up for the Discovery health National Body Challenge?
    I think the deadline is 13th.

Do you have a link to the body challenge? Because I think I can win.

For the last 4-5 months, I've been working out regularly, probably 4-5 times a week. I lift heavy 3 days a week and two days are light weights and cardio. In addition, I recently got started on the Atkins Diet, and I've seen some pretty amazing results so far.

I don't feel like I'm on a diet. It only took a day to get over the fact that I'm not allowed caffeine. It only took one more to get over the no carbs thing. I've already noticed a measurable improvement in my appearance, and while I'm loathe to get on a scale, the eyeball test tells me I've probably lost 15-20 lbs already.

I get a lot of comments from people who haven't seen me since before I started the diet. Any hint of a double chin is pretty much gone, and my neck has a fair amount of definition now. I'm wearing jeans right now that I couldn't wear last month. I love this diet!

And the best part is, as I get closer to my weight loss goals, I can slowly work certain types of food back into my diet without fear of putting the weight back on. It's like Christmas, except tastier!
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

I am not on any specific diet per-se. I have limited my calorie intake and continue to hit the gym.

I have never been very high on giving up on foods that I like, so diets just don't do it for me. I love food. I eat the same foods, but eat in smaller portions. I have cut out on a lot of the sweets and soda though.

I hit the gym 5 days a week. Cardio all 5 days, 3 days of heavy lifting. The cardio is where the weight loss is at though. I dropped 25 pounds in 2 months just from running 5 days a week and cutting back on the calories. I ran from anywhere between 4-5 miles a day. Once I got to the weight I wanted to be at I cut down to 3-3.5 miles a day and added weight lifting.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
        Do you have a link to the body challenge? Because I think I can win.

For the last 4-5 months, I've been working out regularly, probably 4-5 times a week. I lift heavy 3 days a week and two days are light weights and cardio. In addition, I recently got started on the Atkins Diet, and I've seen some pretty amazing results so far.

I don't feel like I'm on a diet. It only took a day to get over the fact that I'm not allowed caffeine. It only took one more to get over the no carbs thing. I've already noticed a measurable improvement in my appearance, and while I'm loathe to get on a scale, the eyeball test tells me I've probably lost 15-20 lbs already.

I get a lot of comments from people who haven't seen me since before I started the diet. Any hint of a double chin is pretty much gone, and my neck has a fair amount of definition now. I'm wearing jeans right now that I couldn't wear last month. I love this diet!

And the best part is, as I get closer to my weight loss goals, I can slowly work certain types of food back into my diet without fear of putting the weight back on. It's like Christmas, except tastier!
        Good for you, thats awesome!

I need to get back to working out regularly. I want to get back to doing it right in the morning - I always had energy all day then.

Here's the link
        http://health.discovery.com/

click on Nat'l Body Challenge.

You get free stuff including Lifetime Fitness memebership.

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7
          Good for you, thats awesome!

I need to get back to working out regularly. I want to get back to doing it right in the morning - I always had energy all day then.

Here's the link
          http://health.discovery.com/

click on Nat'l Body Challenge.

You get free stuff including Lifetime Fitness memebership.
          Hmmm... they're recommending 1-2 lbs per week. That's not very ambitious compared to what I'm doing, where 4-5 or more will be the norm until I get down to where I want to be.

Also, I have a gym membership already, so it's kinda pointless for me. But hey, if you're going for it, I'll be rooting for you!!
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Working...
          X