X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Crashers???

Wedding Guests Cancel for Saints Game
    Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:44:20 AM

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Tara Chauffe understands she'll have some competition on her wedding day. She's getting married in New Orleans Saturday evening, the same time the Saints will be playing the Philadelphia Eagles in the Superdome. Chauffe says she's already had a dozen guests who've canceled because of the playoff game.

She knows they have tickets and she's trying to be sympathetic.

But two bridesmaids and a groomsman who have seats for the game are giving them up to attend the wedding.

Chauffe and husband-to-be Corey Boland say they'll probably have a TV at the reception, so guests can track the Saint's fortunes.

But they'll turn the sound down so there won't be any cheering interrupting their first dance.

***She didn't time it very well

Christ its a football game. I don't see why they can't go to the wedding & check the score from time to time. Its not like when she planned the date she had any idea the Saints would be in the play offs & on a Saturday.

With that being said, I was given a few rules before I picked my wedding day by my father & soon to be husband:

1. It can't be during Football season

2. It can't be on a Holiday weekend (i.e. 4th of July, Memorial weekend, etc...that is selfish to people that have standing plans every year for long weekends)

3. It can't be during Tax Season (OK, dad's a CPA - what can I say )

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7
      Christ its a football game. I don't see why they can't go to the wedding & check the score from time to time. Its not like when she planned the date she had any idea the Saints would be in the play offs & on a Saturday.

With that being said, I was given a few rules before I picked my wedding day by my father & soon to be husband:

1. It can't be during Football season

2. It can't be on a Holiday weekend (i.e. 4th of July, Memorial weekend, etc...that is selfish to people that have standing plans every year for long weekends)

3. It can't be during Tax Season (OK, dad's a CPA - what can I say )
      What about the holiday season, witha ll the other commitments isn't it a little bit much to have a wedding then. Just asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7
        Are you saying "only a football game?!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

If my sister was getting married to my best friend and the chick that plays Emmanuelle was supposed to be my date for the reception, and the Bengals were in the playoffs, I'd still be at the football game. Even without a ticket. I'd be in the parking lot with the rest of the tailgaters.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

I missed a family members wedding when Denver played against Miami in the playoffs back in 98. Denver blew them away...like 38-3 I think.

Anyway, who the heck plans a wedding during the playoffs? I made it to the reception.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
            I missed a family members wedding during when Denver played against Miami in the playoffs back in 98. Denver blew them away...like 38-3 I think.

Anyway, who the heck plans a wedding during the playoffs? I made it to the reception.
            It's all about the reception anyway.

Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

If my sister was getting married to my best friend and the chick that plays Emmanuelle was supposed to be my date for the reception, and the Bengals were in the playoffs, I'd still be at the football game. Even without a ticket. I'd be in the parking lot with the rest of the tailgaters.

Isn't that the same girl that played Billy on Days of Our Lives? I think so.. I don't know guy she's pretty hot! I think given that opp. you would miss the game!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I gotta agree with WhoDey on this one here....if it was me...the wedding would
                come 2nd to a football game....I NEVER miss a Chiefs game {altho at times I
                wish I had}

I know it sounds silly I guess or inconsiderate but if its a good friend and they know you well enough then they should
                expect that and forgive you.

BTW-This reminds me of another wedding story I read about and I will post it if I can find it..
                Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                  It's all about the reception anyway.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding....
                  We have a winner.
                  Aint that the truth.. Ive been married 17 years, and nobody remembers the details of the wedding, but the reception is a different story..
                  I owe ya a cp for that one LT.

Comment

Working...
                  X