Job Interview Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview Tips

Well, I've got a job interview tomorrow... Trying to put myself in a better situation so that I don't wake up miserable everyday. (See the I Hate My Boss Thread)

It is in a similar field, dealing with Communications and Marketing, only it would be centered around "E-Media"...

I was just wondering if anyone had any good job interview tips for me? Perhaps there is a hiring manager lurking around Broncomania?

I feel like I'm a pretty good interviewer. I'll do my homework on the company so that I look like I have a pretty good grasp on what they do and what their expectations will be. I'll have copies of my resume and other pertinant documents readily available, and of course, I will be wearing my best suit (Out of the 2 that I own )

What else am I forgetting?

Hey Good Luck....

I hope everything works out for you...

I got another job...part time...

was suppose to start to day,but they changed it to tomorrow...

hope you find something that suits you...
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Good luck Buff. I can relate as well, but my situation is more complicated to explain too much here
      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Good luck on the job interview.

Try this link

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

I am quiting my job, you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
            Well, I've got a job interview tomorrow... Trying to put myself in a better situation so that I don't wake up miserable everyday. (See the I Hate My Boss Thread)

It is in a similar field, dealing with Communications and Marketing, only it would be centered around "E-Media"...

I was just wondering if anyone had any good job interview tips for me? Perhaps there is a hiring manager lurking around Broncomania?

I feel like I'm a pretty good interviewer. I'll do my homework on the company so that I look like I have a pretty good grasp on what they do and what their expectations will be. I'll have copies of my resume and other pertinant documents readily available, and of course, I will be wearing my best suit (Out of the 2 that I own )

What else am I forgetting?
            Try to get a good nights sleep. Make and keep good eye contact.

Oh before I forget, best wishes.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Ask questions, not stupid ones of course, but questions that show your interest in the company and your job. Good luck.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Some tips you may already know:

Be 5 - 10 mins. early. If you are going to be late, definitely call.
                If they have a website, review it to get familiar with their company, business, etc.

Here are a few links which may help:

http://www.job-interview.net/
                http://interview.monster.com/archives/tips/
                http://www.bls.gov/oco/oco20045.htm

GOOD LUCK

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Prepare a list of questions to ask them. Be conversational. Don't assume that you're just there to answer their questions - remember, they are trying to sell you as much as you are selling yourself to them. If you don't ask the right questions, you might end up taking another job you end up hating.

Some good questions to ask:

Describe your management style.

What is a typical day like for someone working in this position?

Why is this position available? Is it new? Why did the last person leave the position?

I'm looking for a career with (insert company name here). What are the opportunities for advancement from this position? Provided I do well in this position, what kind of timeframe would I be looking at for a promotion?

How often can I expect to receive feedback from my direct manager? How will I be evaluated?

Those are the ones I find are good to ask.

Good luck, and don't take the job if you have reservations.
                  HEAR ME ROAR!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

1. be early
                    2. be dressed good
                    3. give a good greeting...with a firm handshake...not forceful...just firm
                    4. sit up straight
                    5. look the interviewer in the eye...be on his level, if only in your mind
                    6. answer honestly
                    7. be positive on your answers...even if you dont know..be positive
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I do alot of the hiring and promoting of managers in Public Relations/Advertising/Communications.

Be pleasant.
                      Be confident.
                      Allow the interviewer to see you can be a leader, follower, and a team player.

No matter what, convince the interviewer you can do the job.
                      If you can't step in and do all the duties, then convince the interviewer it would take you very little time to grasp the duties and work task.

Be confident and present yourself in a positive manner.

In communications you have to be able to B.S., but not in a way that people can't stand you. You have to come across likeable.

Best wishes to you on your interview.

Oh yeah, don't forget to important questions.

1. What will you bring to our company?

2. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Trust me they are both very important questions.

Also, if you get that one interviewer that loves to ask you what would you do if you had enough money and you didn't have to work question. Trust me.........just be honest and don't give the answer they are looking for, but the answer the is truthfully yours.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

AND, after the interview, send a thank you email to the person who interviewed you. Sample thank you emails can be found on google search.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                          AND, after the interview, send a thank you email to the person who interviewed you. Sample thank you emails can be found on google search.
                          That's good, but a snail-mail is better. It's too easy to dismiss an e-mail.
                          HEAR ME ROAR!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Okay...you need to be sure to make eye contact!!! Smile as often as possible!!! A nice firm handshake when you walk in...if you get nervous and have sweaty palms because of it...casually wipe your hand before going for the shake!!! Also be sure when you shake the hand that you smile and make eye contact!!!

Thank them for their time...

You seem to be on the right track with the research of the company and with it being in a similar field!!! That will help you a lot!!! Don't be nervous and be yourself!!!

Good luck...I'm sure you will do great!!!

Comment

Do what I used to do Buff!

Tell em you'll work any time they need you. Holidays, your birthday, whatever.

EXCEPT! You WILL NOT WORK on Bronco home game days!

Gotta have your priorities!

Actually, just make sure your relaxed when you go in. Like asking a girl for a date, a boss can tell when your desperate. That's never attractive, no matter how bad you want or need a job. Dont act like you dont care, but you know what I mean. Just be relaxed.

It really depends on the interviewer though. Some want to immediately give you the impression you'll be his dog. You might want to leave right there if that's the impression you get. Once his or her dog, always his dog, ya know?

But if you get one who treats you like a person, and an equal, make sure you treat him or her exactly the same way. Not as some guy who holds your life in his hands, but an equal you'll be working WITH, and not FOR.

As was said, know the company, and have something ready to offer them. "What do you bring to us?" will likely be a question. That's the one you NEED to have an answer for! "How are YOU going to make US money?"

But truth be told, that line about Bronco games always worked for me. A way to break the ice. Of course, I always meant it too!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X