Why I Love Dogs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    I have a Malamute. Actually, I'm soon to have another one. I just agreed to take my dog's sister into my home.

Here's my buddy Nakiska...

I don't have a photo of his sister yet. She's going to be moving in with us after her training is done, but she looks just like Nakiska.
    Beautiful dog! My wife and I are trying to find a good home for our Malamute/Lab mix. We don't spend enough time with her. She's a great dog, very entertaining.

If anyone is near the Colorado Springs area (or Denver for that matter) and wants a wonderful dog, give me a PM. I'll see if I can post a pic of her.

Comment

This is our dog, Kimber. She's a yellow lab. Best lab in the world.She's 10 now.
      She loved that back yard!

She's actually a Search and Rescue flunkie. She was bred for it...but didnt have the play drive. One of the tests they perform: toss their favorite toy into a barrel. The dog has to go for it for (I think) around a minute.
      I guess Kimber watched the toy go in...she walked up, sniffed, walked away and laid down.
      Guess she makes a better house pet than Rescue dog!

(She is currently working through some jealously issues. Feeling a little neglected these days, with Kristin taking up much of my time!) But she's relisient.

sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

This is my pooch, Sophie Jo, Retriever....95lbs of pure love.

Enjoyed the photos of your dogs everyone!
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

What a pretty dog, HW! And only 95 lbs!
          (Kimber weighs in at about 80..ish). She had to go on a diet a while back. She stayed with Granma for a while and got lots and lots and lots of treats!
          sigpic

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
            This is our dog, Kimber. She's a yellow lab. Best lab in the world.She's 10 now.
            She loved that back yard!

She's actually a Search and Rescue flunkie. She was bred for it...but didnt have the play drive. One of the tests they perform: toss their favorite toy into a barrel. The dog has to go for it for (I think) around a minute.
            I guess Kimber watched the toy go in...she walked up, sniffed, walked away and laid down.
            Guess she makes a better house pet than Rescue dog!

(She is currently working through some jealously issues. Feeling a little neglected these days, with Kristin taking up much of my time!) But she's relisient.

Thanks BFI (a.k.a. Mom)! I'd take yours in a hot second. There are not many 'white' coated labs out there....and she looks pretty relaxed, like a good dog for the family. She's beautiful! I'm a bit guilty of the treats as well. If I say "show me" to my dog, she either takes me to the back door, to the toy box of hers, or to the door where I keep her treats. I'm rethinking my training now. Treats most of the time anymore.
            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Comment

You guys with all these cute doggie pictures are making me want to go out and get another dog. We haven't had one now for about 2 years, WOW, its been that long, hmm...

Had to add a picture of "Missy Mouse" our beloved little Chihuahua. She is passed on now.

Last edited by Day1BroncoFan; 01-25-2007, 09:15 AM.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
              How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                Thanks BFI (a.k.a. Mom)! I'd take yours in a hot second. There are not many 'white' coated labs out there....and she looks pretty relaxed, like a good dog for the family. She's beautiful! I'm a bit guilty of the treats as well. If I say "show me" to my dog, she either takes me to the back door, to the toy box of hers, or to the door where I keep her treats. I'm rethinking my training now. Treats most of the time anymore.
                A lot of people comment on her color. She stays very cool in the summer! With her nose being black and her eyes a really dark brown, she sometimes has the "Easter Seal" look about her. Hard to believe her mama was a black lab! And she is a very relaxed pooch.
                Best dog ever!
                sigpic

-Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
                  You guys with all these cute doggie pictures are making me want to go out and get another dog. We haven't had one now for about 2 years, WOW, its been that long, hmm...

Had to add a picture of "Missy Mouse" our beloved little Chihuahua. She is passed on now.

Well, I think you should go out and get another dog. They really make me laugh a lot, and they are great company. (beats a cat anyday).

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                    This dog looks exactly like mine, but smarter.

Short and sweet!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpjaM1do5HE

Cats > dogs (imo)

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                      I have a Malamute. Actually, I'm soon to have another one. I just agreed to take my dog's sister into my home.

Here's my buddy Nakiska...

I don't have a photo of his sister yet. She's going to be moving in with us after her training is done, but she looks just like Nakiska.
                      Cute. Other then my lab I also have a malamute wolf hybrid. She has a wolf body with the long legs and longer snout, but her face is alot like yours, and she always looks like she's grinning mischeviously.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                        Cute. Other then my lab I also have a malamute wolf hybrid. She has a wolf body with the long legs and longer snout, but her face is alot like yours, and she always looks like she's grinning mischeviously.
                        her face looks alot like mtnman's????

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp
                          her face looks alot like mtnman's????

Like Mtn Man's malamute.

Comment

This is Buster, the first dog I was old enough to remember having:

Last edited by redbirdy80; 01-27-2007, 07:16 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X