• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world record carp!!!! wow!!!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/tags/carp/
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Insane! That thing looks, well, bloated.

Nice find
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
      Insane! That thing looks, well, bloated.

Nice find
      carp are the garbage fish, they are terrible to eat i heard . they are so big and fat it looks like a baby whale in the water
      Last edited by saltybuggah; 01-23-2007, 02:41 PM.
      sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

I am terrified of large fish...what possessed me to click that link.
        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Carp are fun to fish for, they fight like crazy....feels like you are pulling in a whale.
          I personally do not like to eat carp, but many people I know enjoy it very much, as they say it's all in how they are fileted and prepared.

My dad loves carp fishing, and it's one of the things he can still manage to do in his elder years and poor health. So this past spring and summer, I made him a buffet of doughball....strawberry, peanut butter, and plain. Know what? The strawberry jello was 'hot' and the catfish also liked it a lot! It's fun to fish for them. There's always someone poor around too, and we always offer our catch to someone we see around the lake (and they ALWAYS are excited to receive them), otherwise we release back into the water.

Carp----I know quite a bit about them.
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Bummer, I thought it read "world record crap"

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
              Carp are fun to fish for, they fight like crazy....feels like you are pulling in a whale.
              I personally do not like to eat carp, but many people I know enjoy it very much, as they say it's all in how they are fileted and prepared.

My dad loves carp fishing, and it's one of the things he can still manage to do in his elder years and poor health. So this past spring and summer, I made him a buffet of doughball....strawberry, peanut butter, and plain. Know what? The strawberry jello was 'hot' and the catfish also liked it a lot! It's fun to fish for them. There's always someone poor around too, and we always offer our catch to someone we see around the lake (and they ALWAYS are excited to receive them), otherwise we release back into the water.

Carp----I know quite a bit about them.
              I've actually done some flyfishing for carp on some lakes in the San Luis Valley over here, and your right they fight like the ****ens when their hooked! They take off in a straight line, pulling your line as hard as anything I've ever caught (trout, pike the works)

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                I've actually done some flyfishing for carp on some lakes in the San Luis Valley over here, and your right they fight like the ****ens when their hooked! They take off in a straight line, pulling your line as hard as anything I've ever caught (trout, pike the works)
                I've always wanted to try fly fishing. I like fishing...connecting with nature and all the activity, sounds around a lake. I do not like heavy traffic areas. Being alone is desirable. I grew up hearing dangers about wearing the rubber pants (weights? Sorry, I can't remember what they are called) that you would wear to wade into the water for fishing. My dad told me stories of men drowning. Spooked the heck out of me.
                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Comment

Carp! that's a big fish

Comment

that's a lot of fish sticks

I to have fished for carp. very fun to catch. i don't eat 'em anyways i just throw 'em back.
                    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Okay fellow fishing people......got a question for you......

One time fishing out of the Platte River, we landed what we thought was going to be a carp, but much stranger. I'll do my best to describe it, and see if you know the name of the fish.

It had a snake-looking head
                      It did not have scales on the body
                      It had an eel-like body and no fins
                      It was greenish/yellowish in color

My dad, husband, and I stood over that thing for several minutes
                      bewildered. With all our years of combined experience of these
                      waters and we just were stunned to see such an oddity.
                      Any ideas?

Comment

Okay fellow fishing people......got a question for you......

One time fishing out of the Platte River, we landed what we thought was going to be a carp, but much stranger. I'll do my best to describe it, and see if you know the name of the fish.

It had a snake-looking head
                        It did not have scales on the body
                        It had an eel-like body and no fins
                        It was greenish/yellowish in color

My dad, husband, and I stood over that thing for several minutes
                        bewildered. With all our years of combined experience of these
                        waters and we just were stunned to see such an oddity.
                        Any ideas?
                        I caught the same eel 5 times in a row. I threw it back, and caught it again and again. I guess it wanted to be caught or it was the dumbest eel in the galaxy.

for you, it was probably this Green Moray Eel or some other type of eel.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                          I caught the same eel 5 times in a row. I threw it back, and caught it again and again. I guess it wanted to be caught or it was the dumbest eel in the galaxy.

for you, it was probably this Green Moray Eel or some other type of eel.
                          Moray eels, I thought those were pretty dangerous because of their bite.

Comment

I've always wanted to try fly fishing. I like fishing...connecting with nature and all the activity, sounds around a lake. I do not like heavy traffic areas. Being alone is desirable. I grew up hearing dangers about wearing the rubber pants (weights? Sorry, I can't remember what they are called) that you would wear to wade into the water for fishing. My dad told me stories of men drowning. Spooked the heck out of me.
                            Waders? I usually fly fish in mountain streams for the exact reasons you mentioned! Being alone, being in nature, and being in beauty. I think trout are some of nature's finest creations: They are stunning and their enviroment can even be more so.

As for drowning, streams usually are only about 4-6 inches deep but the deeper pools can be as deep as 12 feet but flyfishing is all about mimicking nature so you'll rarely find yourself actually in them

Of late, I've been taking my 13 year old fishing just to calm him down. He's a hyper competitive, hyper intense bundle but it seems that taking him fishing seems to work wonders.

Just like the commericals. Take me fishing...!
                            Last edited by SmithOverTO; 01-23-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Waders, hw.......

...and fly fishing takes some getting used to. Definitely not something you want to cut your teeth on, on a creek surrounded by trees.....

...big open lake is perfect for starting out.

My grandpa caugh a 15# catfish from a river in sodak, floating a grasshopper.....took close to 30 mins to get it on shore.......that's a memory I'll never forget.

I remember one of the first 'fish' experiences for me as a child, was when the family was at a lake in sodak, fishing off the shore. My mother caught a fish and was reeling it in. We all could tell it was something big.....
                              ..and it turned out to be a carp...looked like a whale to me....
                              It came off the hook just off shore, and everybody was laughing, and yelling at me to "grab it before it gets away!!" HUH? It was nearly as big as I was!!!!
                              I gave it a half-hearted attempt, not knowing if it'd drag me out to deeper water or what.....
                              hahaha....

.....memories.....

I never have fished for carp before I moved to nebraska....always threw them up on the bank, growing up.
                              Now, we actually fish for them, for the sport of it......*never have eaten one*

Besides...not like there's a whole lot to fish for around here.....
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X