Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you were hippies during the old days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    I would have been one of them old school Italians:

That'd be me, minus the whole "organized crime" rep.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncofan-13
    Sometimes I believe I was born in the wrong generation. :brick:

nah, you belong in "generation why?". . . .

BTW, mullets look terrible on spics-- only honkies like me can pull those off. . . .

as for the original question-- i was born in the 70s, so i missed the hippy thing. . . but if you're looking for hippies on the board, i suggest looking at mr. mtnman. . .

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    I don't want a pickle,

I just wanna ride on my motorsickle,

And I don't wanna tickle,

I just wanna ride on my motorsickle,

And I don't wanna die,

I just wanna ride on my motorsigh

.......cle.

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
    No, but I did have ruffled shirts under a jacket, thigh high boots and the tighter the pants, the better.

I didn't do the whole shoulder pad thing.

Thank God.

Stoppit!! You're gonna get the poor guy excited!!

Leave a comment:

• Broncofan-13
    replied
    Sometimes I believe I was born in the wrong generation. :brick:

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    And did you gals wear those big shoulder pad things that all girls wore in the 80's?

It would be scarey to look at girls that looked like they could beat you up.
    No, but I did have ruffled shirts under a jacket, thigh high boots and the tighter the pants, the better.

I didn't do the whole shoulder pad thing.

Thank God.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    And did you gals wear those big shoulder pad things that all girls wore in the 80's?

It would be scarey to look at girls that looked like they could beat you up.

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    I grew up in that era too, GEM!!!

I was the kid who wore the Iron Maiden & Metallica Shirts.
    I sat in the back of the class and threw spitballs in the hair of the girls who sat in the first two rows talking about NKOTB.

I was kidding about the last sentence.........

No I wasn't.....but I think you're pretty cool NOW!!!!

Every year I would paint my face up like Gene Simmons for Halloween.

I wore black leather jackets and I had really big hair. Ripped jeans and boots.
    Before I got my license, I'd have my mom drop me off at the movies and then sneak across the the street to the pool hall to shoot pool and smoke.

I sat in the back of the class and mocked the teachers.
    I smoked in the parking lot before school. I drank during school.
    I pulled fire alarms and I put plastic wrap on toilet seats.
    My homework was always done. I never took a book home.
    I made decent grades.

School was boring. It was in the country and their lives revolved around
    basketball. Small minds who breed smaller minds. A town where things haven't changed much in the past 60 years. I made an impact, lol.

I was an advanced art student and when it came time for us to do our rendition of a famous piece, I chose "Whistler's mother". I did it and it looked exactly the same....except for a couple of things. One main difference was I'd given her a tongue...a really long, satanic tongue. I also put a couple of bloody hand prints on the wall behind her. The picture was put on the wall in the cafeteria. It stayed there for one day. I did it for shock value. It was funny. It was funny because anyone who knew me knew that I was of christian faith (ok, not devout).

However, everyone knew me. They knew I was the class clown and I got along with almost everyone.

I was into bad boys with dirty minds and fake ID's.

Then came college and all that fell away. My hair was flat and I dressed better. I moved out of that wicked, hateful little town and never looked back. Ok, so I would go back once in awhile just for kicks.

But hippies are funny to watch. They grow good weed. They don't hurt anyone.
    They make life more entertaining.

I didn't get into the bad boys til I was in high school...then I went and did the worst thing possible....got hitched to one...and was significantly bad myself. :brick: Turned out terrible, but it sure was a fun ride.

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    OH GOD!!!!

Business in the front, party in the back.

Mullets.............ahhhh......hahahahahaha.
    I go mullet hunting all the time.
    Still find lots of them here.

I like www.mulletsgalore.com
    It's funny!!!!
    LOL some of the best mullets are by Hockey players.

Dont foget Ron Duguay of the Rangers on the Right
    and do not forget Jagr

Who my friends and I in college used to call Fifi.

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncofan-13
    On a side note, I'm glad I was too young during the mullet days to have one.
    OH GOD!!!!

Business in the front, party in the back.

Mullets.............ahhhh......hahahahahaha.
    I go mullet hunting all the time.
    Still find lots of them here.

I like www.mulletsgalore.com
    It's funny!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    Originally posted by Giveemlove
    My mom was a hippie. She wore the silly short dresses. Even when she was about 8 mos preggo. LMAO!! Now that is quite the funny picture. I still pick on her for that!!!

I was too young to be a hippie...I was in jr high in the late 80's, meaning I was one of THOSE girls with the BIG hair and a huge crush on the New Kids on the Block.....God help my soul. :brick:

I grew up in that era too, GEM!!!

I was the kid who wore the Iron Maiden & Metallica Shirts.
    I sat in the back of the class and threw spitballs in the hair of the girls who sat in the first two rows talking about NKOTB.

I was kidding about the last sentence.........

No I wasn't.....but I think you're pretty cool NOW!!!!

Every year I would paint my face up like Gene Simmons for Halloween.

I wore black leather jackets and I had really big hair. Ripped jeans and boots.
    Before I got my license, I'd have my mom drop me off at the movies and then sneak across the the street to the pool hall to shoot pool and smoke.

I sat in the back of the class and mocked the teachers.
    I smoked in the parking lot before school. I drank during school.
    I pulled fire alarms and I put plastic wrap on toilet seats.
    My homework was always done. I never took a book home.
    I made decent grades.

School was boring. It was in the country and their lives revolved around
    basketball. Small minds who breed smaller minds. A town where things haven't changed much in the past 60 years. I made an impact, lol.

I was an advanced art student and when it came time for us to do our rendition of a famous piece, I chose "Whistler's mother". I did it and it looked exactly the same....except for a couple of things. One main difference was I'd given her a tongue...a really long, satanic tongue. I also put a couple of bloody hand prints on the wall behind her. The picture was put on the wall in the cafeteria. It stayed there for one day. I did it for shock value. It was funny. It was funny because anyone who knew me knew that I was of christian faith (ok, not devout).

However, everyone knew me. They knew I was the class clown and I got along with almost everyone.

I was into bad boys with dirty minds and fake ID's.

Then came college and all that fell away. My hair was flat and I dressed better. I moved out of that wicked, hateful little town and never looked back. Ok, so I would go back once in awhile just for kicks.

But hippies are funny to watch. They grow good weed. They don't hurt anyone.
    They make life more entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• buckland
    replied
    Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
    Are you talking about Maynard G. Krebs from Dobbie Gillis?
    SHHHHHH!! Don't tell anyone! That seriously dates me!

Leave a comment:

• Day1BroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by buckland
    While I've always been conservative in real life, I've been accused of being a hippie, owing to my beard (actually, a well trimmed Van Dyke).

Signed,

Maynard B. Krebs

Are you talking about Maynard G. Krebs from Dobbie Gillis?

Leave a comment:

• buckland
    replied
    While I've always been conservative in real life, I've been accused of being a hippie, owing to my beard (actually, a well trimmed Van Dyke).

Signed,

Maynard B. Krebs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X