Repentant thief.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repentant thief.....

BEIJING (Reuters Life!) - A Chinese thief has returned a mobile phone and thousands of yuan he stole from a woman after she sent him 21 touching text messages, Xinhua news agency said on Monday.

Pan Aiying, a teacher in the eastern province of Shandong, had her bag containing her mobile phone, bank cards and 4,900 yuan ($630) snatched by a man riding a motorcycle as she cycled home on Friday, Xinhua said, citing the Qilu Evening News.

Pan first thought of calling the police but she decided to try to persuade the young man to return her bag.

She called her lost phone with her colleague's cell phone but was disconnected. Then she began sending text messages.

"I'm Pan Aiying, a teacher from Wutou Middle School. You must be going through a difficult time. If so, I will not blame you," wrote Pan in her first text message which did not get a response.

"Keep the 4,900 yuan if you really need it, but please return the other things to me. You are still young. To err is human. Correcting your mistakes is more important than anything," Pan wrote.

She gave up hope of seeing her possessions again after sending 21 text messages without a reply.

But on her way out on Sunday morning, she stumbled over a package that had been left in her courtyard only to discover it was her stolen bag. Nothing had been taken.

"Dear Pan: I'm sorry. I made a mistake. Please forgive me," a letter inside said.

"You are so tolerant even though I stole from you. I'll correct my ways and be an upright person."
    Is it just me, or can anybody else NEVER see this ever happening in the US?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Originally posted by rcsodak
    Here's the US version of the text exchange between victim and thief:

"I'm Pam Alling, a teacher from West Middle School. You must be going through a difficult time. If so, I will not blame you,"

"HAHA PWN3D"

"Please, I'm but a school teacher. It's all I have. Please just return the bag."

"im in ur purse, wearin ur lipstic"

HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

"I'm Pam Alling, a teacher from West Middle School. You must be going through a difficult time. If so, I will not blame you,"

"HAHA PWN3D"

"Please, I'm but a school teacher. It's all I have. Please just return the bag."

WhoDey, you are not supposed to make me laugh during a really cool story like this, the last one gets me everytime!

This is a really cool story though. Thanks Rc!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
        WhoDey, you are not supposed to make me laugh during a really cool story like this, the last one gets me everytime!

This is a really cool story though. Thanks Rc!
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Finally, some good news! Good story RC.
          But I sure wouldn't get all excited about too many
          returning purses and wallets.
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

I could see this happening here, there are those types of people everywhere. There is good in the USA, have faith!
            Great story.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
            How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

"HAHA PWN3D"

oh my god, truth!

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Working...
              X