I made a massive snow Volcano today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a massive snow Volcano today!

Today when I woke up in the morning my mum said " Look outside" and there was snow everywhere. Me and my sister quickly ate breakfast (got dressed ofcourse. Would look pretty stupid going out in pjamas) and went outside we had snow ball fights and everything. When she left for school " No school for me today ( Teachers training) I went and made a snow Volcano. You know how I love Mountains and Volcanoes and lava flows right?

It was HUGE!

I can't explain how huge it was but it was HUGE! Only problem is because of my bending down and getting snow my jeans (not the best thing to wear in snow) got so wet, basically I havn't felt like that since being a very little boy.

What things have you made in the snow?
    Last edited by TheWookieeBronco; 01-24-2007, 01:23 AM.

What The Devil is a "snow volcano"? Is it where you build a snow structure that looks like a volcano?

When I was in college a few year back, the cool thing to do was giant replicas of a man's naughty bits out of snow....talking about at least 8' tall!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers
      What The Devil is a "snow volcano"? Is it where you build a snow structure that looks like a volcano?

When I was in college a few year back, the cool thing to do was giant replicas of a man's naughty bits out of snow....talking about at least 8' tall!!!

A snow Volcano is a Volcano made up of snow.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWookieeBronco

A snow Volcano is a Volcano made up of snow.
        Does it have lava?

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers
          Does it have lava?
          No becuase then it would melt it silly

I have made a Volcano erupt ( one of those make your own volcano kits) but I used real Volcanic rocks (basalt) and some Volcanic materials. I used some explosive powder and something else to make it explode (nothing illegal).

http://volcano.wr.usgs.gov/hvostatus.php I read this everyday to see what Kilauea is doing. For some reason it is my favourite Volcano.

Comment

The sun has been out for a while and guess what. My Volcano is still standing there huge and not falling apart.

Comment

I wonder if baking soda and some coke would make a nice lava flow out of the top of that? I think so. Maybe a little orange/red food coloring too.
              Last edited by His Wife; 01-24-2007, 04:56 AM.
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Well my dad drove over my Volcano today and you will never guess what.

IT WAS STILL STANDING!

Freaky. I must have made it with steel or something.

Comment

Well my dad drove over my Volcano today and you will never guess what.

IT WAS STILL STANDING!

Freaky. I must have made it with steel or something.
                  It must be a pretty short volcano.

I still have two mountains of snow on each side of my driveway. Each is about 4 feet tall after over 4 weeks! Each one was about 6 feet tall when original made. Course if the snow hadn't have drifted against my garage they wouldn't be nearly that large. Maybe about June those things will have finally disappeared.

Comment

Is it that big?

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Snow is fun. Ever made snow tunnels?
                      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                        Snow is fun. Ever made snow tunnels?
                        No, I was always afraid of it collapsing.

Comment

It is still there this morning.

It is about a foot and a half wide and 2 feet tall. It was bigger before.

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore

Is it that big?
                            I don't know.

Comment

It is still there this morning.

It is about a foot and a half wide and 2 feet tall. It was bigger before.
                              You should take a hose and spray it with water so that the outside is frozen and better preserved.

Comment

Working...
                              X