X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frenchfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro
    Yesterday a group of us went skiing at Sierra Nevada, here in Spain.

Sierra is the world's highest ski resort, around 3000 m high! You do notice the altitude, especially at the end of the day!

WE left Gibraltar at 6 am, and got to SN at 10. Ski passes and straight to hire gear.

My friend and I were skiing, cos we knew how, and didn't feel like spending the day trying to learn boarding.

I had insane boot issues(mainly too tight at the top), but finally got sorted and off we went.

I had 2 falls.
    #1: Very steep part of the run(avoided for the rest of the day)
    #2: ON the chairlift with my mate and 2 guys, and one of them went over my skiis at the top, and caused me to wipe out. My knee hit the edge of my other ski, and I thought I sliced my knee open(I didn't, just a graze).

All in all, pretty good, given it's been 10 years since my last skiing adventure.

Today I have some nice new bruises, and am a bit stiff and sore, but I can move, which, given my level of fitness, is beter than I thought I'd do!

Pics to follow, and I'll put some stuff on youtube too!

edit: I almost forgot. Whilst having lunch with some friends, I met a cute American guy, Rob, from Boston. Yes he was a Pats fan, but he was pleasant, and very impressed by my sporting knowledge. I did say it was probably a good thing I wasn't wearing my Broncos cap!

So, Kap meets a Pats fan on a mountain in Spain!
    :thumb:

Good post Kappie...
    A cute guy to "ski" with LOL

We want the pics (especially about the falls ... LOL).

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    seems like you had a great time!

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    Sounds like a great time overall, Kap! I have only one question for you....
    "What? You were NOT wearing your Broncos cap?

What were the temperatures like at 3,000 feet?

Sounds terrific, Kap, and thanks for sharing your adventure! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

What was your favorite moment in your trip? (Or don't post that)

Are you going to try out having a toyboy like a shark we know?
    That's two questions.

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish
    shoulda pushed him off, just on general principles. . . .

glad you had a good time though!

Completely agreed,but glad you had fun Kap. Sounds like it was a blast.

Leave a comment:

• Snapping Turtle
    replied
    Sounds like you had a great time Kap!

And I am jealous of you meeting a cute guy, Boston accents are really adorable. I am stuck with idiot high school boys STILL. lol. And even a Patsies fan is better than most of them!

I've never been skiing before, but it sounds fun! And so does falling off a ski-lift! Glad you weren't too hurt tho!

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    I am so jealous. Not for skiing, I'm afraid of heights, but because I always wanted to go to Sierra Nevada for the scenery. Maybe one day. Glad you had a good time.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Who would have thought you'd have bumped in to a Pats fan from Boston out there in Spain.

Good thing it wasn't Brady or the Skwrl might have caused a bit of a scene!

Sounds like you're had a great time, and HW, I don't think Kap will go for the toyboy thingy, it's not her scene at all

This is more her type

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife

Sounds terrific, Kap, and thanks for sharing your adventure! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

It was pretty cold, so I thought I should have a warmer hat than my cap. I wore a black polar beanie all day.

Next time I have to get a Broncos jacket and beanie though.

Fav part of the day... Getting my damn boots off! And the hot choc with brandy!

Dog, he was a cute guy(you know my weakness)! And he hates the Colts. And he said that he was glad they didn't play Denver in the play-offs cos we always win.

He was a very polite guy, and did say he hoped to see me out that night(damn not staying in SN).

So, to recap... Cute, accent, loves sports, well impressed by The Kap's sporting knowledge, respectful of the Broncos power over the Pats!

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied

Sierra is the world's highest ski resort, around 3000 m high! You do notice the altitude, especially at the end of the day!

WE left Gibraltar at 6 am, and got to SN at 10. Ski passes and straight to hire gear.

My friend and I were skiing, cos we knew how, and didn't feel like spending the day trying to learn boarding.

I had insane boot issues(mainly too tight at the top), but finally got sorted and off we went.

I had 2 falls.
    #2: ON the chairlift with my mate and 2 guys, and one of them went over my skiis at the top, and caused me to wipe out. My knee hit the edge of my other ski, and I thought I sliced my knee open(I didn't, just a graze).

All in all, pretty good, given it's been 10 years since my last skiing adventure.

Today I have some nice new bruises, and am a bit stiff and sore, but I can move, which, given my level of fitness, is beter than I thought I'd do!

edit: I almost forgot. Whilst having lunch with some friends, I met a cute American guy, Rob, from Boston. Yes he was a Pats fan, but he was pleasant, and very impressed by my sporting knowledge. I did say it was probably a good thing I wasn't wearing my Broncos cap!

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish

That nearly sounded like jealousy.

j/k

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    started a topic Kap's Spanish Skiing Adventure!

Kap's Spanish Skiing Adventure!

I had 2 falls.

Last edited by Kapaibro; 01-28-2007, 02:05 AM.
Working...
X