Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Love March!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Love March!!

    It's been some time since March has been so promising. Normally I like March, because for us "up here" it often means real feelings of spring. But this year, I have higher hopes than last....as vaccines are more rapidly distributed.

    Yes, no matter how cold it can get here, the worst of winter is long gone, and the light shines longer and stronger each day. Brings back great memories of when "Here Comes The Sun" turned a song into a feeling of renewal....the joy of a new season, leading us towards a warmer season to follow.

    Yes, the words, "it's been a long cold lonely winter" change to "I feel that ice is slowly melting"...and if you know that feeling, it's amazingly refreshing!

    And here we are...baseballs flying in the day time sun, less layers to wear, nature about to spring into action with growth and new life.

    And yes.....here comes the sun.

  • #2
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    It's been some time since March has been so promising. Normally I like March, because for us "up here" it often means real feelings of spring. But this year, I have higher hopes than last....as vaccines are more rapidly distributed.

    Yes, no matter how cold it can get here, the worst of winter is long gone, and the light shines longer and stronger each day. Brings back great memories of when "Here Comes The Sun" turned a song into a feeling of renewal....the joy of a new season, leading us towards a warmer season to follow.

    Yes, the words, "it's been a long cold lonely winter" change to "I feel that ice is slowly melting"...and if you know that feeling, it's amazingly refreshing!

    And here we are...baseballs flying in the day time sun, less layers to wear, nature about to spring into action with growth and new life.

    And yes.....here comes the sun.
    We are currently enjoying temps of mid to high 50's with much sunshine through early next week here in Salt Lake City. Yesterday was my first day out in the yard wearing shorts. And my wife and I both celebrate our birthdays in late March.
    Utah Bronco Freak

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

      We are currently enjoying temps of mid to high 50's with much sunshine through early next week here in Salt Lake City. Yesterday was my first day out in the yard wearing shorts. And my wife and I both celebrate our birthdays in late March.
      Not a biggee, but I was in Salt Lake City for about an hour or so.....changing planes. We were switched on our flights due to 2 airline strikes simultaneously...one American, one Canadian. I was actually at a conference in Denver (lucky me), but had to go to Salt Lake and then Calgary to get home....well, actually I was in a paddling competition in Regina the next day, so I was lucky to get there from Calgary, before going home with my team. But at least I can say I saw Salt Lake from the sky, and I wish I could have stayed longer.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post

        Not a biggee, but I was in Salt Lake City for about an hour or so.....changing planes. We were switched on our flights due to 2 airline strikes simultaneously...one American, one Canadian. I was actually at a conference in Denver (lucky me), but had to go to Salt Lake and then Calgary to get home....well, actually I was in a paddling competition in Regina the next day, so I was lucky to get there from Calgary, before going home with my team. But at least I can say I saw Salt Lake from the sky, and I wish I could have stayed longer.
        Cool! I grew up in Colorado Springs, also lived in Denver and Aspen so beautiful mountains all around. One of the things I love here in Salt Lake City, East side, is the mountains are very close. The foothills start about one mile from our home. Superb!
        Utah Bronco Freak

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

          Cool! I grew up in Colorado Springs, also lived in Denver and Aspen so beautiful mountains all around. One of the things I love here in Salt Lake City, East side, is the mountains are very close. The foothills start about one mile from our home. Superb!
          You my friend, are a mountain man!

          Comment

          Working...
          X