Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if I should laugh or cry???

My boss just called me into her office & offered me a new job.

I'm very neverous to take on much more of the clinical side. But maybe I should learn something new.

Man I do not like leaving my comfort zone. I'm half excited, and half want to cry. What if I hate it?

First off:

If your boss offered you a new position, he/she must think you have what it takes! I am very proud of you!

Comment

It is amazing that your boss thinks you have what it takes to do the job...that means...you probably have more than what it takes to do it...

You just have to believe in yourself!!!

Congrats...but be sure that you talk it over...tell them your concerns, and see if it would be possible for you to do it as a trial to see how you like it before making the transition...if they want you there bad enough...they should honor that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7

I'm very neverous to take on much more of the clinical side. But maybe I should learn something new.

Man I do not like leaving my comfort zone. I'm half excited, and half want to cry. What if I hate it?
        Laugh now, cry later!! But, at any rate, WAY TO GO BABY! You must be doing something right.
        Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes

I have until tomorrow to tell her, she said otherwise they were going to post the job.

I think it will be more work. I did tell her one of my stipulations what I stay where I am at, I do not want to go sit on the other side of the building by management.

Now I have a stomache ache & will have to go home & muddle this over.

Comment

If it's more money then hell yeah, take it.

Depending on the responsiblities and wether or not you can handle it your boss thinks you can I'd imagine.

Either way the fact that you got offered is good news
            You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes

I have until tomorrow to tell her, she said otherwise they were going to post the job.

I think it will be more work. I did tell her one of my stipulations what I stay where I am at, I do not want to go sit on the other side of the building by management.

Now I have a stomache ache & will have to go home & muddle this over.
              Well, I've found that sleeping on it helps (unless it's a decision on whether to buy a mattress, and I have to be locked in the store overnight).

If you wake up with a feeling of dread, it may not be right for you. If you wake up renewed and exuberant, then you must really want a new challenge. (That said, whenever in doubt, I order Chinese, and carefully pore over the message in the fortune cookie...)

Lots of luck to you!
              Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Congrats, I agree with sleep on it.

Comment

No matter what, it's the ultimate compliment (unless it's lateral pay), but
                  then it's still more skills to add to your resume or make your day more interesting?

Your boss must think you have all the potential needed for the position,
                  and no doubt you do M7.

I still regret passing on a job offer working with stocks. What was the one and only one catch for me? Overtime on demand and without much notice. When you have kids, that is huge, and for my personal situation....impossible. But you better believe it still makes me sad and full of regret. It was also scary! Because it was such new territory for me, but a thrill and exciting at the same time.

Congrats M7....no matter what...you win here. My very best wishes to you!
                  "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Congratulations on the offer! :clap:

If it pays more you can laugh all the way to the bank, if it doesn't don't take it.
                    If it means more work you can cry until payday.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

How much different would the new job be than the one you have now? Could you accept it under the stipulation that you could come back to your present job if you do not feel comfortable with the new job?

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                        How much different would the new job be than the one you have now? Could you accept it under the stipulation that you could come back to your present job if you do not feel comfortable with the new job?
                        No if I take this, its mine. No going back. It’s a small company (100 people) The job was currently held by a Nurse.(she recently quit) But they said although I don’t have a LPN/RN degree I have the experience here, and I know most our patients, etc.
                        My boss said NOTHING of a pay increase. But I don’t think I will ask because reviews are in April.

Last time I accepted a different position here I moved to Infusion which was a lot more work, I didn’t ask for anything more, $ wise. And 1 month later at review time, the owner said she was impressed that I never asked for more money during the move, & gave me a 24% raise.

I hoping I will be compensated for new job this April (fingers crossed)
                        I am also nervous as to how it would look come review time, if I turned it down.

I meet with my boss today, I am going to tell her yes. I just need to make sure I can keep my same schedule because I love getting done at noon on Fridays. Thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

No if I take this, its mine. No going back. It’s a small company (100 people) The job was currently held by a Nurse.(she recently quit) But they said although I don’t have a LPN/RN degree I have the experience here, and I know most our patients, etc.
                          My boss said NOTHING of a pay increase. But I don’t think I will ask because reviews are in April.

Last time I accepted a different position here I moved to Infusion which was a lot more work, I didn’t ask for anything more, $ wise. And 1 month later at review time, the owner said she was impressed that I never asked for more money during the move, & gave me a 24% raise.

I am also nervous as to how it would look come review time, if I turned it down.

I meet with my boss today, I am going to tell her yes. I just need to make sure I can keep my same schedule because I love getting done at noon on Fridays. Thanks for letting me vent.
                          Good luck to you in your decision. Sounds like a good thing for you. I'll pray for you.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                          How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Best wishes in your new position Keep us posted.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Working...
                            X