Canadian Women Rock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Women Rock!!

Yes I am biased, but I do have a real deep respect for Canadian women. They do surround me, so it is hard to miss them. But I've long thought how successful they have been on the world stage. And in some ways, in some walks of life, I feel like us gents are lagging behind a bit. That's fine by me.

I can go into various segments, but lately I can't help but mention sports. In the summer Olympics women won 19 of our 24 medals! Hey, maybe too many of our guys make a living in hockey, but still! In saying this, I can't help but give kudos to Damian Warner, proclaimed as the athlete of the games for winning the Decathlon (which is a traditional honour for the games), and Andre De Grasse, who won the 200, took bronze in the 100 as well as in the 4 X 100. Impressive performances!

But in just over a month, the Canadian ladies won the gold in soccer, and (yesterday) the gold in hockey. Two fantastic team events! The Canadian team has had the most success of any women's soccer team in the last 3 Olympics, with a gold and 2 bronze medals.

In stories like this I like to mention Hayley Wickenheiser, who no longer plays for the hockey team, but is the best female hockey player to ever play the game, and won 4 Olympic gold medals in the process. Hayley was also a star baseball player, who competed in the summer Olympics as well. But that's only part of what this woman has done. Hayley is also a mom, a Doctor, and an Executive with The Toronto Maple Leafs (as Senior Director of Player Development), among other things. One of my favs!!

Women also factored large when Canada had the best results in the 2010 winter Olympics, bringing home more than half the Canadian medals.

Just a sampling of what our women have done, and will continue to do.

Yes they "rock"..

The future of women's tennis...

(born in Canada....)

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      The future of women's tennis...

(born in Canada....)
      Both in the final!!!!

Sadly women's doubles canuck - Gabriela Dabrowski, was ahead in "their" match yesterday when her partner got injured. Otherwise she too could be in the finals.

Comment

Working...
      X