Back for a short while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back for a short while

Hey all! First off, thank you for those of you that have reminded me of the community that Broncomania is. Topper, JWill, GEM, and others.

It has been a rough six months. Between attending funerals of some good friends I have been in the dirt on and off trying to get the reservists that work for me ready to keep themselves and the rest of the Batallion alive for our turn.

As it stands now I will be leaving my band, friends, and family on April 12th and returning sometime in March next year. The first few months are stateside training as the Batallion I am deploying with is, after all, reservists.

As much as I respect our citizen soldiers, I can tell you, I am concerned. Although Marines, they lack the experience of their Active Duty counterparts. All I can do is try to teach them all I have learned, and glean as much knowledge as I can from all of those I know who have been 3, 4, even 5 or more rotations.

I wish I didn't have to miss football season, but hey, some things are more important than the Broncos, believe it or not.

I missed the Bengals game that I had tickets too (the blizzard), but I did want you all to know I got the chance to take the tour of the stadium during the few days I was in Denver. Amazing, something I will not forget.

Feel free to email me, I can't promise I will be able to get on Broncomania, as depending on which proxy I happen to fall under it may be blocked, but I have yet to find the proxy that wouldn't let me get my band email.

WWW.YYRBAND.COM you'll see the link.

Thanks again, take care everybody.

Matt

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Davii, I hope everything goes well for you and your company.

Come back safe and sound!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Best of luck to you
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

Good Luck Davii

Comment

hey davii, best wishes, man-- stay safe! we'll keep the trolls in line for ya while you're doing your thing. . . .
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Great to hear from you, Davii .
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Good Luck!!! You and your group will be
              in my prayers!!!
              Last edited by KCLadyFan; 01-31-2007, 05:13 AM.
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Davii - It's a privledge to hear from you who actually experiences it, so thank you for making this thread. May God be with you and those reservists you train. I'm am truly sorry about the funerals you have been attending of your friends. I have the utmost respect for you, and wish you a safe and happy return.
                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

will keep you in my prayers.

sticky for a few days?
                  Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-31-2007, 05:42 AM.
                  [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Matt, Matt, Matt......I was kind of dreading this part! Get your guys in gear....stay safe and then get your butt back home where you belong!! I'll be sending you some emails in hopes of bringing some smiles while you are away. Happy Birthday again....1 yr older..you're catching up to me...and since I am no longer having birthdays...you'll be passing me in age soon!!!
                    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Good luck to you and GOD bless all of you guys. Check in when you can and say how things are going.
                      Happy birthday! Hope you have a lot more! :clap:

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                      How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Working...
                      X