No announcement yet.

(Goofy) Things That Make Me Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you sometimes feel like me, sort of like the movie The Truman Show, that each day all the road construction crews get together early in the morning and map out the route I am going to take. Just to make sure I get to see them all, one road at a time!!!

Comment

I have lived in this area for many decades. Each year it snows and gets cold for a while. But each year I hear folks talking like they never experienced winter before, and they also start driving like it's their first experience with snow/ice. There's caution and then there's slow motion.

Conversely, and much goofier....the dudes with trucks/SUVs who do not adjust their driving whatsoever, and make up a big chunk of those one passes by, in the ditch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=5394293.gif
Views:	40
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	8383300
      (that's not me by the way)

Comment

If a bear is naked, which it is, then is it "bear naked" or "bare naked"? I'm going with both.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          If a bear is naked, which it is, then is it "bear naked" or "bare naked"? I'm going with both.
          It's a bare bear.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

It's a bare bear.
            That's definitely "bare/bear" able!

Comment

Name:	1mxlka.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	8383401
              That bear looks like he could use a beer....

Comment

I do miss going out for dinner once in a while. I feel especially bad for those businesses and their employees, given all the business/job loss. So much so, it's an industry that was significantly impacted by the pandemic. So many had to leave those jobs, and will never come back. Wages were too low when relying on tips.....tips that did not always come, especially when the front line person had to be the mask enforcer and such.

But I don't miss being asked:

"How's the first few bites?"

"So, any plans for the evening?"

Hey, they were doing what they were told to do, but I'd rather have a quick chat with a real person, not a programmed one.

Comment

Here's one....

Dudes who look for trouble.

Comment

This is an old one for me...

Why is "Breaking News" so common that it is always on the screen? There was a time when Breaking News was "just breaking".

Comment

Do folks who like those trendy mocha drinks or some of the smoothies and so on realize how many spoonful of sugar are inside?? My goodness!! What are we talkin....15-20 in some cases!!

Comment

This is another oldie of mine....why is it we are so impressed with beautiful hair, especially if it's on a person we find attractive, BUT don't dare get one piece in our food, or else!!

Name:	kevin_screaming.gif
Views:	19
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	8384952

Comment

Why is it I still can't totally buy into Sushi? My family LOVE it! Please don't slam me, but isn't it a bunch of wrapped rice with some variations???

Sorry for this. Try not to be too rough on me....

Name:	bush-ducking.gif
Views:	20
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	8385148
                          BTW....good reflexes George!!!

Anyway....picking some up for us tonight. Lets just say I know when to earn some points around here.

Comment

Say I need a lift......should I have more yeast in my diet?

Comment

Not a goofy thing.....but even though I think I know a little about business/real estate, I do wonder what will become of all the partly empty buildings, as folks prefer to stay at home, and companies accept that consequence.

It sure does have some potential positive side effects....with regard to traffic/pollution/road rage/etc.!!

Comment

How is it again that a great big hunk of airplane filled up with loads of people and luggage, and other stuff, can actually fly???

I read about it, and listen to it, but I still don't understand!!

Name:	1798015107-unfrozencavemanlawyer.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	8385704

Comment

Working...
                                X