No announcement yet.

(Goofy) Things That Make Me Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have wondered about this too many times....

Why would anyone be the 1st to have a root canal, laser eye surgery or colonoscopy?

(I'd be like, "go ahead, you go first")

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      How is it again that a great big hunk of airplane filled up with loads of people and luggage, and other stuff, can actually fly???

I read about it, and listen to it, but I still don't understand!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1798015107-unfrozencavemanlawyer.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	8385704
      In Caveman terms —RAW POWER!

How did the giant, heavily-armored, steel Yamato battleship of the Imperial Japanese Navy in World War II float when it weighed 72K tons? Caveman not understand how displacement is enough to deal with such weight!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

In Caveman terms —RAW POWER!

How did the giant, heavily-armored, steel Yamato battleship of the Imperial Japanese Navy in World War II float when it weighed 72K tons? Caveman not understand how displacement is enough to deal with such weight!
        Sorry bud....when I think of things like "lift" it's how I feel when I am on a plane, with turbulence, and those lingering questions about "how"....I want to "lift" myself from the seat and the entire plane!!!

But then again....

Name:	giphy-2.gif
Views:	37
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	8385890

Comment

Why is it that if we do something too much it's an "addiction" or we need more variety in our lives, and yet for well over 35 years I worked pretty much 5 days a week, year round? I was not addicted, and my idea of variety was much different.

Comment

If you combined every pep talk in sports into one long video....would anybody be saying anything new anymore?

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	18
Size:	499.3 KB
ID:	8398803

Comment

We spend a lot of younger days learning how to stay upright. Then we play sports, and falling down to the ground is a very familiar scene.

Name:	330f068970b79caca2cb07878b5947683949ae7f.gif
Views:	19
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	8398879

Comment

I believe a major prerequisite for discussing common sense....is that you need some yourself.

Comment

I have wondered about this too many times....

Why would anyone be the 1st to have a root canal, laser eye surgery or colonoscopy?

(I'd be like, "go ahead, you go first")
                  I remember back in the 1980's when the Aids epidemic first showed up one of the first thing people asked was "can mosquitos that bite a person with Aids transmit it to others"?

OK who's willing to place their arm in this small aquarium that contain several hundred Aids infected mosquitos. Anyone?
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I remember back in the 1980's when the Aids epidemic first showed up one of the first thing people asked was "can mosquitos that bite a person with Aids transmit it to others"?

OK who's willing to place their arm in this small aquarium that contain several hundred Aids infected mosquitos. Anyone?
                    On a really positive note, one that amazes me at times, those who volunteer to help others in 3rd world countries or anywhere that involves sick people, who have diseases that are not well understood by many of us. I am quite sure they read up and get the info they need from experts, but it still impresses me how they sacrifice the way they do. The key aspect of course is that many of us do not educate ourselves, which is often the key to everything. But the courage and care they provide is exemplary.

I was very proud of one of my kids, who once spent some time in Africa, in a voluntary role. She had a full time job here, and was granted a non paid leave. I did not want her to go, for selfish reasons, but respected her decision. Life is too short to just do what everyone else does. Trail blazers have such a full life!

Comment

I believe a major prerequisite for discussing common sense....is that you need some yourself.
                      Common sense has since been replaced with uncommon sense

racecar backwards is still racecar however racecar upside is expensive

armedequation
                      cafe official sidekick
                      Last edited by armedequation; 01-15-2022, 02:31 PM.
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Common sense has since been replaced with uncommon sense

racecar backwards is still racecar however racecar upside is expensive
                        I just learned another fact....about "racecar". I see it clearly.

Comment

I just learned another fact....about "racecar". I see it clearly.
                          Being a driver of said racecar...i hope i never experience the upside down part.
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Being a driver of said racecar...i hope i never experience the upside down part.
                            It would be cool if that meant you could go as fast backwards as forwards. Just spin the seat around kinda thing.

Get into a fender bender, back up at top speed, and carry on.....with a messed up back fender!

Comment

It would be cool if that meant you could go as fast backwards as forwards. Just spin the seat around kinda thing.

Get into a fender bender, back up at top speed, and carry on.....with a messed up back fender!
                              Ive spun a few times. Scariest part is coming to a stop at the base of a blind turn and not knowing where the cars are around you
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Ive spun a few times. Scariest part is coming to a stop at the base of a blind turn and not knowing where the cars are around you
                                Yikes!!! My only relevant experience is when my car spun in circles on an icy road, and not knowing where I was at first. Except your opponents are going a lot faster of course! Can’t imagine how disoriented that could be!

Comment

Working...
                                X