X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Pound Baby!!!

anybody else seen this?

Big Baby Wows Mexican Town

"Super Tonio," With A Birth Weight Of 14.1 Pounds, Is Causing A Sensation In Cancun

AP) He is called "Super Tonio," and at a whopping birth weight of 14.1 pounds, the "little" fellow is causing a sensation in this Mexican resort city.

Cancun residents have crowded the nursery ward's window to see Antonio Vasconcelos, who was born early Monday by Caesarean section at Jesus Kumate Rodriguez hospital.

On Thursday, doctors reduced his diet from 5 ounces to 3 ounces of milk every three hours. In three days, Tonio gained 7 ounces, weighing in Wednesday night at 14.5 pounds. He measures 22 inches in length.

"We haven't found any abnormality in the child. There are some signs of high blood sugar, and a slight blood infection, but that is being controlled so that the child can get on with his normal life in a few more days," Narciso Perez Bravo, the hospital's director, said on Wednesday.

In Brazil, a baby born in January 2005 in the city of Salvador weighed 16.8 pounds at birth. According to Guinness World Records, the heaviest baby born to a healthy mother was a boy weighing 22.5 pounds, born in Aversa, Italy, in September 1955.

Antonio's mother, Teresa Alejandra Cruz, 23, and father, Luis Vasconcelos, 38, said they were proud of the boy, and noted that Cruz had given birth to a baby girl seven years ago who weighed 11.5 pounds.

"It's good, because now with this one, we'll have a pair" of big babies, said Vasconcelos.

lookit tha HEEEEEAD on tha' thing!!
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

OUCH!!........

Comment

my woman parts hurts and I dont have women parts
      sigpic

Comment

Well, this one got in the news, but there was a 13 or 14-pound baby being born down the hall from me when I was in labor. I asked the nurses to quit talking about it, as it made my labor pains even hurt worse than they already did.

Let's put it this way, to give all you guys a way to 'imagine' the pain....
        how about a 14-pound bowel movement and you are constipated!
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

And I thought I was a big baby at 9 lbs
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
            Well, this one got in the news, but there was a 13 or 14-pound baby being born down the hall from me when I was in labor. I asked the nurses to quit talking about it, as it made my labor pains even hurt worse than they already did.

I prefer not to imagine the pain, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker
              And I thought I was a big baby at 9 lbs
              What do you mean 'was'?
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

What do you mean 'was'?
                Beat me to it.....

Comment

What do you mean 'was'?
                  Was, meaning, I was 9 lbs when I was born.

You're gonna get it old lady

EDIT:
                  Originally posted by Reidman
                  Beat me to it.....:
                  You too, Mr.GoodTasteInMusicMan
                  sigpic

Comment

That is a huge baby.
                    THE TRUTH

Comment

That's like how much I weighed in 4th grade

Okay......

So maybe it was 3rd....

Comment

Been there done that...............
                        Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

I had a cousin that weighed 13 something and was born 6 months after me...he was bigger than me...

crazy stuff...at least she didn't have to push that head through...

Comment

Does he play Defensive End?!?!?

Comment

ST and SkyWalker, I order you guys to go make babies like that!!!!!!!!!!
                              XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Working...
                              X