---

Yes.
    12.50%
    No.
    58.33%
    Don't know.
    29.17%

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Can you post a picture of him?
    XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
      Can you post a picture of him?

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

-- Ok, wth?

-- Im gonna talk like you now.

- Why is it a public poll?

Comment

not even the welsh look that out of this world
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I just asked a friend of mine from Scotland. She said no. He was born in England...the oldest son is ALWAYS called Prince of Wales. I dunno, just thought i would pass that on.
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by GEM
              I just asked a friend of mine from Scotland. She said no. He was born in England...the oldest son is ALWAYS called Prince of Wales. I dunno, just thought i would pass that on.
              The tradition of investing the heir of the monarch of Britain with the title of "Prince of Wales" began in 1301, when King Edward I of England, having completed the conquest of Wales, gave the title to his heir.

This is the last real Prince of Wales: (much more handsome than Big Ears don't you think? )

Llywelyn ap Gruffudd (Llywelyn the Last/ Llywelyn ein llyw Olaf) was “The Last True Prince of Wales”, who asserted Welsh nationhood before being slain by the English in 1282

He was buried at Cilmeri

Last edited by Jaws; 02-02-2007, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I had no idea, so I went with Jawsie on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                  The tradition of investing the heir of the monarch of Britain with the title of "Prince of Wales" began in 1301, when King Edward I of England, having completed the conquest of Wales, gave the title to his heir.

This is the last real Prince of Wales: (much more handsome than Big Ears don't you think? )

Llywelyn ap Gruffudd (Llywelyn the Last/ Llywelyn ein llyw Olaf) was “The Last True Prince of Wales”, who asserted Welsh nationhood before being slain by the English in 1282

He was buried at Cilmeri

Yes, much more handsome and distinguished than "Big Ears"

Jaws, do you ever see Britain giving up the Monarchy?

Could you imagine being truly a queen centuries ago, knowing your fate
                  could end up on the head block?
                  "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                    I had no idea, so I went with Jawsie on this one.
                    But my Mom doesnt know anything

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife

I just want INDEPENDENT WALES!!

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife

Opinions on the Monarchy would probably vary a lot depending on which part of Britain we are talking about. Although, quite a few of the English aren't as staunch in their support as they would have been a few generations ago and the public has become largely indifferent to the monarchy, I can't imagine many of them feeling strongly enough against the Monarchy to want to see it's abolition.

You would find more opposition amongst the native people of Scotland and Wales, but because there has been a lot of English immigration into those countries, if it went to a vote on whether or not to retain the Monarchy, as it stands, the presence of these people and people's resistance to change would ensure that it survives.

There is strong feeling amongst the people of my region, North West Wales against them and the majority of Welsh speaking Wales (which makes up just 20% of the population) would prefer to emulate our Irish cousins and have an Independent Republic. However, I don't see it coming to that in the foreseeable future.
                        Last edited by Jaws; 02-02-2007, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Booker T
                          But my Mom doesnt know anything

Uh oh, SOMEBODY'S gonna get bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws

He was buried at Cilmeri

He was so cool that the NHL used to name a conferece after him

From 1981-82- 1991-92

just look here link to page
                            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Is there any chance or way to switch from Yes to No?

Comment

Working...
                              X