I am Tired of ADHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am Tired of ADHD

So, I found out I have ADHD, which explains so much. I am so tired of this, I am on medication for it, but it constantly feels like I am being forced to run by life itself. Anyway, life has been frustrating recently as I've been starting out my career. Why does life have to be so frustrating? What do I do at this point?
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
    So, I found out I have ADHD, which explains so much. I am so tired of this, I am on medication for it, but it constantly feels like I am being forced to run by life itself. Anyway, life has been frustrating recently as I've been starting out my career. Why does life have to be so frustrating? What do I do at this point?
    My frustration level with today is a 15 on 10 scale, so I do not know why life has to be so frustrating. It gets the best of us though, doesn't it. No ADHD for me, but could relate with the day I've had. Hope it gets better for you.

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

bF!

I, as well as I'm sure a large number of others here, can relate to what you're going through.

Have you noticed any difference from the medication?

ADHD/ADD is one of those diagnoses that can present itself very different in many people, yet if you seek support, you will find a lot of it. People may have very wide ranging different issues and results from you, but you could probably also find a lot of people who have very similar situations as well.

If you would like some support here, I'm more than happy to be a sounding board/vent space/whatever you need.

I was diagnosed with ADD before the name ADHD was even a thing. I have been on Ritalin, Adderall, and Adderall XR as well as a few anti-depressants when I was younger. I am currently on a rather small dosage of Adderall, which I only take a few times a week more often than not.

I won't go on forever and ever unless you want me to, but it's something I can talk about or listen about quite a bit.

Your medication should help if you let it. If it doesn't, it might not be the right medication for you. If it helps a little, but you're still struggling and finding life too frustrating, you may want to look into other resources which can provide some ideas on non-medication methods for making your life a bit easier. Medication can help many quite a bit, but in the end, finding things that help your brain cope with or without medication can be even better. Organizational methods, etc. It may sound silly or like 'more work'... but it can help quite a bit.

There's a lot of support systems out there. I'm sure that trying to deal with this while also starting out in a career is just extra stressful.

Let me know if you'd like some additional thoughts/resources or want to vent here or privately.

All the best -

LT

Comment

Hang in there, Man! Better to have a diagnosis than not. Good to have medications to address it. Fortunately there are a number of meds available for each diagnosis and finding the best one and correct dosage is a very individual thing guided by your doctor. Stick with it. Don't give up. As some get older, certain meds which have been used for decades pose health dangers and must be discontinued, so those of us who take prescriptions must see our primary care doctors regularly. It can be tricky. Those with autoimmune conditions who take immunosuppressant drugs have had a heck of a time navigating Covid vaccine schedules. Good luck!
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
        X