Woman on the wrong bus lost for 25 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman on the wrong bus lost for 25 years

This lady took an extended shopping trip.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

WOW - that would be terrible - 25 years!

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

That would be horrible. What do you think her kids thought? Goodness

Comment

If I was her I would've been so lonely and confused.

This story makes me feel very sad.

Comment

wow
          thats insane

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
            This lady took an extended shopping trip.

Sometimes life gets so complicated.
            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

That is ridiculous... and I would love to make fun of her for this, but I feel way too bad for her.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

The story has too many holes:

1. Why didnt she go to Police and ask? Even though they would not know what she is talking about.
                2. Doesn't she has an ID to show the Cops her identity?

Why am I asking? Because I got lost in Japan when I was 12 but I managed to get back to America just with a school ID.
                XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
                  The story has too many holes:

1. Why didnt she go to Police and ask? Even though they would not know what she is talking about.
                  2. Doesn't she has an ID to show the Cops her identity?

Why am I asking? Because I got lost in Japan when I was 12 but I managed to get back to America just with a school ID.
                  That's a good point and I wondered about it myself. They do things a lot different in China but it still seems like a long shot. Strange things happen all the time though. In China where there a lot less strict rules for people having license and that sort of thing it could happen I suppose. There are many more people in China than in the US or Japan.

If it's true it's sad she missed the entire childhood of all her children.

I Support our Troops!
                  How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
                    That's a good point and I wondered about it myself. They do things a lot different in China but it still seems like a long shot. Strange things happen all the time though. In China where there a lot less strict rules for people having license and that sort of thing it could happen I suppose. There are many more people in China than in the US or Japan.

If it's true it's sad she missed the entire childhood of all her children.
                    Its just no way for me to believe that there wasn't any Thai speaker in China whatsoever. I believe 25 years ago, China is still billions of people. IMHO, the article is a fluke.
                    XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
                      Its just no way for me to believe that there wasn't any Thai speaker in China whatsoever. I believe 25 years ago, China is still billions of people. IMHO, the article is a fluke.
                      It could be. I was taking the subjective view, not paying attention the nature of it’s truth.

It is true that you cannot and should not take everything you read as truth.

I Support our Troops!

Comment

China?

All this took place in Thailand. Not China.

Different counrty.

This is really sad. Makes me wonder how many missing people are out there that are just really lost.

Comment

I'm sorry, but there gets to a point that you just can't feel sorry for people like this. She obviously had the wits about her to take a bus a one point.

So unless she jut plain didn't want to make an effort to take the bus back the other direction, there are few reasons for not finding your way back in 25 yrs.

Worst case she knows her address, and her villiage name. You find someone that knows how to get back to that villiage. Write a letter, talk to everyone in that villiage you are bound to find someone that knows your language.

Comment

The woman was from a remote area in Thailand, where they speak a different dialect. She got disoriented(understandable when going from country village to big city), and got on the wrong bus.

She ended up in northern THailand, where no-one spoke the same dialect as her. If no-one understands you(and you understand no-one this is understandable), and is prejudiced against you for whatever reason(dark skin made her llok like someone from the hill territory), it's easy to see how this happened.

Try to bear in mind that the majority of Thailand and Malayasia are without TV or telephone. MOst people in these countries never leave the village they were born in. Try not to judge this by western standards.
                            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                            I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                              The woman was from a remote area in Thailand, where they speak a different dialect. She got disoriented(understandable when going from country village to big city), and got on the wrong bus.

She ended up in northern THailand, where no-one spoke the same dialect as her. If no-one understands you(and you understand no-one this is understandable), and is prejudiced against you for whatever reason(dark skin made her llok like someone from the hill territory), it's easy to see how this happened.

Try to bear in mind that the majority of Thailand and Malayasia are without TV or telephone. MOst people in these countries never leave the village they were born in. Try not to judge this by western standards.
                              Far enough, I've never been there so it is way out of my realm to understand how nobody could help her.

Comment

Working...
                              X