Valentine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day

Ok, so you know it's on everyone's mind...

Valentine's Day.

Romance.

Single people hate it, because it makes them feel alone.

And I know a lot of people in relationships who hate it because of the pressure to 'get it right'. Especially for the guys. I don't envy you, I really don't... If you screw up, you're in the doghouse, and if you get it right, you're probably already thinking "geez, how am I gonna live up to this next year?"

Anyways, it just got me to thinking. I bet that we have some closet romantics here on the boards...

I wanna hear your stories. I'm a sap for love stories. Cry at chick flicks, the works.

So, what's the most romantic thing you've ever done?

Or alternatively, what's the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for you?
    sigpic

Originally posted by redbirdy80

Valentine's Day.

Romance.

And I know a lot of people in relationships who hate it because of the pressure to 'get it right'. Especially for the guys. I don't envy you, I really don't... If you screw up, you're in the doghouse, and if you get it right, you're probably already thinking "geez, how am I gonna live up to this next year?"

Anyways, it just got me to thinking. I bet that we have some closet romantics here on the boards...

I wanna hear your stories. I'm a sap for love stories. Cry at chick flicks, the works.

So, what's the most romantic thing you've ever done?

Or alternatively, what's the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for you?
    Ugh, I'll have to reply in detail later, because I'm on my way out the door for work.

But I've got a few good ones.

Still, I'm not a big V day fan.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

I hate it this year.... the thought of being alone now on V-day kinda makes me sad

Will only make me miss her more plus we were trying to be good and I screwed it up, like we were trying to still be friends and it was going really well till I messed it up wanting more

*sigh*

Oh well...
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I have never had a valentine...except for one time in 6th grade and I didnt even like the boy but he brought me chocolates and an elephant beanie baby because he knew elephants are my favorite animal. I hadnt seen him since but I saw him last year....ugh it was weird.

One time in preschool there was this boy who came to my house one night with his mom and brought me flowers. I miss that boy!
        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80

Valentine's Day.

No poop.....
          XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
            I have never had a valentine...except for one time in 6th grade and I didnt even like the boy but he brought me chocolates and an elephant beanie baby because he knew elephants are my favorite animal. I hadnt seen him since but I saw him last year....ugh it was weird.

One time in preschool there was this boy who came to my house one night with his mom and brought me flowers. I miss that boy!
            what happened to the turtle?

Comment

valentines day was made up by the government and greeting card companies to suck money out of people.
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I usually invest stock in adult magazines around this time.

I like this day only when I have enough money to buy her stuff. I always photoshop a card with my own words one it and she does the same (copycat, I did it first!) And she's a sap so it gets on my nerves when she cries. This year it's just netflix and a home cooked meal. It's too cold outside to do stuff.

Comment

For a long time...my Birthday Cake was always something Valentine's and my Mom was weird about Valentine's day, so I didn't really like the day, but then I heard the story of why...

I was born Feb. 8, 1978 in the back of a car during a snow storm on the way to the hospital...I almost died, but I was a fighter, and they brought me home on Valentine's Day...the day I was supposed to be born...

so even though we celebrated on the 8th...my mom always wanted to celebrate it as Valentine's Day!!!

I am Shanniefly...the giver of WUB...and Valentine's Day is all about spreading love!!! I send out more Valentine Cards than Christmas Cards and make a bigger deal out of it!!! All of my God-Children get gifts on Valentine's Day...

I have never help expectations high for romance because that is laughable, I am lucky to get a kiss...but I do like to share the love and make people feel loved...so with that said...

Anyone who doesn't have a Valentine this year and would like to have some cyber kisses, hugs, flowers, chocolates, or anything else... let me know...I would love to show you that some loves you that day and every day!!!

Comment

I bought a girl some roses and chocolates from the school's Rose and Chocolate drive.

Eh.

Comment

the only thing i like about it...is i wear black on the day of it

and all the sweat candy there is on the shelfs

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by maruske845
                        the only thing i like about it...is i wear black on the day of it

and all the sweat candy there is on the shelfs
                        You turn into a candy crazed goth on Valentines day?

Comment

Single people dont like it

I dont like it.

:salute:

Comment

Valentines Day is overrated, too commericalized, and too materialistic. I'm glad my wife has the same views. We do things throughout the year and I love my wife everyday and don't wait for one day in the year to say that. But when I was single 12 yrs ago, it was like an empty pit in your stomach seeing all the happy couples.

Comment

Being single makes the day much easier and a lot cheaper.
                              I've already had several people ask me to cover their shifts at work.
                              I find it quite amusing while all these people stress out over something that will be forgotten within days, i'll still have all that money weeks later
                              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Working...
                              X