Strange or stupid laws in your state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange or stupid laws in your state

I thought these were kind of funny. Go to the site, hit your state button and post some of the weird laws in your state.

Dumb laws

This one sound funny, but it's in the city limits of Boulder. Many of you know that Boulder holds Colorado University. As you may also know, CU was named #1 party school a couple years ago. Fraternities and Sororities were holding parties outside of pledge houses, riots started, couches were set ablaze, so the gvmt created a new law.....
    Couches may not be placed on outside porches.

We would all be in trouble if they enforced this in the summertime.....
    It is illegal to let a dandelion grow within the city limits.

Those are just a couple of the many funny ones in there....

what comes up for where you live?
    Ready for the friggen season already!

''Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.'' LMAO....
    sigpic

Comment

''You may not have more than two dildos in a house.''.......gross....
      sigpic

Comment

Ok Dawg....You live in a much stranger place than I do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
          Ok Dawg....You live in a much stranger place than I do!!!
          only a couple hund miles away
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
            ''You may not have more than two dildos in a house.''.......gross....

Ohhhhhhhh

In Colorado

One may not mutilate a rock in a state park.

Which, actually, makes plenty of sense.
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
              only a couple hund miles away

Only a couple hund miles away...and I'm sitting in freezing drizzle...SO not fair!! :brick:

Comment

Wow..... What State is this...

It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce80_267
                  Wow..... What State is this...

It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.

Perhaps that is that cities way of drawing out the pedophiles and arresting them?? That's about the only way that one makes sense.

Comment

Apparently I "can't wear my hat while I'm dancing", and if I do, I go to jail.

Apparently I can either be cited, or go to jail, if I "lay down and fall asleep with my shoes on". I always wondered why my moms didn't want my shoes on her furniture.

"It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone". Don't tell me where that one came from, unfortunately, I think I already know.

"It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any other position other than missionary style." No comment.

"Seven or more indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them." Hilarious. And to think we're trying to get past the whole race issue.

This is my favorite "dumb law of the city of Billings"....

"It is illegal to bring a bomb or rocket at city council proceedings."

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic

Apparently I can either be cited, or go to jail, if I "lay down and fall asleep with my shoes on". I always wondered why my moms didn't want my shoes on her furniture.

"It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone". Don't tell me where that one came from, unfortunately, I think I already know.

"It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any other position other than missionary style." No comment.

"Seven or more indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them." Hilarious. And to think we're trying to get past the whole race issue.

Good lord, on one hand I nominate that for the funniest line I've read this year and on the other...why on earth havent they repealed that? Or do you guys still get frequent raiding parties?

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                        Good lord, on one hand I nominate that for the funniest line I've read this year and on the other...why on earth havent they repealed that? Or do you guys still get frequent raiding parties?

Well, according to that law, we have raiding party's all over the state. There are at least 2 Indian reservations on the western half of Montana alone that I'm aware of.

There is even an old evacuated prison on one of them, which makes a good amount of money as a tourist attraction. Why people want to go and see an old broken down prison is beyond me. Maybe it gives them an oppurtunity to shoot at some Indians.

My excuse, it's Montana.
                        Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 02-13-2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Well, according to that law, we have raiding party's all over the state. There are at least 2 Indian reservations on the western half of Montana alone that I'm aware of.

There is even an old evacuated prison on one of them, which makes a good amount of money as a tourist attraction. Why people want to go and see an old broken down prison is beyond me.
                          Yeah, my house is on a reservation. I know Montana had a few, too.

Comment

LMAO!! Craziness! but very funny!

Comment

Only in California,

No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

One may not use one's own restroom if the window is open. Who pays the mortgage I do!

Men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women. It said nothing of kissing men.

Drinking intoxicating cement is prohibited Um OK I guess

You may not hunt moths under a street light. I hardly call that "hunting"

No person may charge admission to a house party. Who's gonna pay for the keg then?

All persons wishing to keep a rhinoceros as a pet must obtain a $100 license first. "Daddy can I have a rhino?

It is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss. This could go along with "Giving or receiving oral sex is prohibited"

Persons classified as "ugly" may not walk down any street. Who's doing the judging?

Comment

Working...
                              X