College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College

So as a high school senior, its approaching that time of the year when we have to pick the school where we will spend the next 4 (hopefully) years of our lives. So in this thread, I'd be interested in seeing where everyone would consider going. If anyone wants some guidance as far as people's personal experience with certain schools, this would be the place to do it.

So I've already been admitted at Rice University and Georgia Tech. I'm looking to major in some kind of Bio/Biomedical Engineering. I know what you're thinking, and yes the Broncos play at Houston in 2007 and at Atlanta in 2008, so both schools are even in that regard. At this point I've gotten significantly more money/financial aid from Rice, but the money-making process at GaTech isn't through yet, so its hard to predict how much I may get.

I was wondering if anyone here had any insight on either of these schools that could help me make my decision. Ive seen GaTech briefly and have yet to set foot on the Rice campus, so any help would be appreciated.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Choose the better party school and football school

Are you planning to play football?

I am at USC But that's far off... might not even happen

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz

Are you planning to play football?

I am at USC But that's far off... might not even happen
      I am planning to watch football

Better party school: Rice. (GaTech is 72% male)
      Better Football school; GaTech
      Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

I have an idea. Do you generally like Houston and the Texas accent

OR

Peaches and CNN

I'd go to Georgia Tech though. It's top 10 public universities and really well known for its sciences program.

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
          I am planning to watch football

Better party school: Rice. (GaTech is 72% male)
          Better Football school; GaTech
          Well, academics should be your top priority... but it's hard to tell you to go to Ga.Tech with that kind of demographic.

Rice would be looking mighty fine if it were me in your shoes!
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
            See, I don't understand that logic at all really. In the end University should be a primarily academic institution. Not saying that you shouldn't have a great time, but in the end surely you going to Uni to get a decent degree mroe than anything?
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Rice because I'm not going to no testosterone school.

Besides it seems you are getting more help from Rice anyways.

Comment

Denver University or School of Mines. I got a 30 on my ACT and have a 3.8 GPA so does anybody think any IVY league schools are in my range?

Comment

I'm going to the University of Wyoming...and I can't hardly wait.

I got accepted at the University of Northern Colorado ad Western State also, but I only applied to those because I was afraid I wouldnt get into Wyo. I had some bad grades my sophomore year, I really struggled with math and chemistry so my GPA got a little bit messed up.

Wyo is really my dream school...its only about 2 and a half hours away from home..that makes it just far enough away from the family where I can be on my own but just close enough where I can get home if I need to. I think its totally beutiful there too. I love their football team a whole lot also, my uncle used to play for them in the late eighties.

I'm going there to major in English and Secondary education...they have a great teaching school there.

I dont know what else to say, but go with your gut. And don't pick solely based on parties.
                  ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Domostick
                    Denver University or School of Mines. I got a 30 on my ACT and have a 3.8 GPA so does anybody think any IVY league schools are in my range?
                    The Colorado School of Mines is pretty good for engineering. It's nice because it's actually a state school, so it's much less expensive for in state students.

DU is not so good. I mean, it has a good law program and all. Actually, I've heard it has several good programs, but it's ridiculously expensive.

The Ivy League schools are also very expensive, but they may be worth it if you can afford it.

I don't know what it takes to get into one really. I knew that we couldn't afford it, so I didn't even try. Besides that, Mines has a better reputation for engineering than most of the ivy league schools, so trying to get into one of those didn't make tons of sense.
                    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                    . Post Your Artwork .
                    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

If your interested in engineering then go to Purdue!

Comment

I swore a vow that I would go to a Divison 1 football school.

And I went to Cal...
                        Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Working...
                        X