Old Nintendo Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mainen8
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start.

That is the Contra code to get 30 lives.

Ayone else have this code permanently etched in their memory for no good reason?
    I just did that code today as a matter of fact!!!
    I was playing Contra on my computer. I have an Nintendo emulator.

Comment

I was the king at Madden 95. No one and I mean no one can beat me, I swear I was the best. Also Off Road, with the trucks that game was the best. I have also got to include Super Mario the original, I would play that game from 7 am to 10pm I was hooked.
      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by mainen8
        up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start.

That is the Contra code to get 30 lives.

Ayone else have this code permanently etched in their memory for no good reason?
        Actually, that code worked for a bunch of different early Konami games.

There's also a badass hardcore band that named a song "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start". I think the band is Curl Up and Die, but I'm not postive.

Comment

Every now and then I have to fire up the nintendo and kick it old school, pop in a little Mike Tysons Punch Out and then some Zelda, Rygar, or SNK Baseball Stars. That game ruled.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Talking about Zelda...at E3 Ninty have just released some screenies and a movie of a new Zelda game which is 'realistic'. (for those of you who didn't like the cel-shaded one). Just thought you might like to know.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Oh I almost forgot about NBA JAM that game was so much fun. 3 on 3, that was the best. I pulled the old Super Nintendo out last night and played a little bit, its almost funner than ps2.
              WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                Super NES: Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid
                thinking about those makes me feel like i'm in high school again. those were 2 great games.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by caveatemptor
                  Actually, that code worked for a bunch of different early Konami games.

There's also a badass hardcore band that named a song "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start". I think the band is Curl Up and Die, but I'm not postive.
                  don't forget to toss in a select there before the start to get 2 players w/ 30 lives
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk
                  liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I think Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Contra, RC Pro Am, and the Mario Bro's games are my favs. Too bad my nintendo is a piece of junk and doesn't work anymore.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
                    X