Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reminder!!! Daylight Savings Time-- Early This Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder!!! Daylight Savings Time-- Early This Year!

At 2 a.m. on March 11, groggy Americans will turn their clocks forward one hour, marking the beginning of Daylight Saving Time (DST).

The federal law that established "daylight time" in this country does not require any area to observe daylight saving time. But if a state chooses to observe DST, it must follow the starting and ending dates set by the law. From 1986 to 2006 this has been the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it will be observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time. (See: New Federal Law.)

No More Sunlight in Arizona and Hawaii
    Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) and Hawaii and the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa are the only places in the U.S. that do not observe DST but instead stay on "standard time" all year long. And if you've spent any time in the sweltering summer sun in those regions you can understand why residents don't need another hour of sunlight.

U.S. Daylight Saving Time Schedule
    2004: April 4 - October 31
    2005: April 3 - October 30
    2006: April 2 - October 29
    New Federal Law In Effect
    2007: March 11 - Nov. 4
    2008: March 9 - Nov. 2
    2009: March 8 - Nov. 1
    2010: March 14 - Nov. 7
    2011: March 13 - Nov. 6

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/daylight1.html

What, AZSnakeFan doesn't want an extra hour of blistering sunlight?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Grrrrrr, Why on the weekend before I have three exams? WHY?!!?!?!
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

This is wreaking havoc on some of my customers' servers/computers (but I'm making money off it ). It is a pain it neck though.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
      How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by draco193
        Grrrrrr, Why on the weekend before I have three exams? WHY?!!?!?!
        Either 1 hour less to party or 1 hour less to study.
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Woohoo.......Daylight savings....

Comment

i never really got the whole daylight savings time

i mean its on stanard, then it goes to savings and then we switch it back to standard

??????????????????????????????????????????????

but I read last year for school it helps some stuff

burgalars can't steal as easy-because its lighter out

thats the only one i member

hmm?..

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

aww man that sux.. this is always like the worst time of the year for me

but this year at least i graduate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLLL [email protected]! loll

so now its really gunna be like waking up at 4 30
              Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

Im ready to start golfing after work again..

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
                  Im ready to start golfing after work again..

I played at Forest Ridge on Sunday - I went to the range first and coudlnt get the ball off the ground - thought about not going but went and did ok - didnt keep score it was more of a learning session - but i made some pretty good shots if i do say so myself - i just have to figure out consistency

Comment

I don't want another hour of blistering sunlight too!

Comment

Working...
                    X