Types of Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of Posters

There seem to be 3 general categories of members to this community and I thought I'd share my findings with the community (you'll decide for yourselves what category this puts ME in )

1) The MENSA poster:

This is the guy who KNOWS more than everyone else that isn't in the KNOW. He doesn't "think" he's right and you're wrong. The aliens chose HIM to impart infinite football knowledge and wisdom. He defends his posts with vigor even if there are heads of state, GM's, scouts, coaches or press releases that directly discredit his statements.

2) The American Idol poster:

"I can't sing, I know I can't sing, and I want the WORLD to know I can't sing." They don't read the threads, and they don't care about the information already posted. They just want to be heard! This forum isn't about gaining information, it's their 15 minutes of fame and they're going to get it - common sense and etiquette be damned! I'm pretty sure these posters don't even know it's a Broncos message board for the first couple of weeks. They get as many cool sigs as possible, make flashy statements and try to start AS MANY THREADS AS POSSIBLE. When they aren't being heard, no problem! They just make another similarly titled thread...

3) The Broncomaniac:

This site acts as a well of unlimited information/community/stress relief for the "maniac". They can laugh at the other posters, pick on eachother in fun, share valuable links and insights, and generally view this as a multi-faceted family. These people want to KNOW the Broncos, want to be around other people in the know and generally become better fans TOGETHER.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few "Broncomaniacs" on this site who still claim to be fans of other teams. We know it isn't true, but they feel compelled to maintain that guise. They have cool sigs (for the other team), names that represent the team they wish they were no longer fans of and try to talk smack in support of the other team. I'm glad they're here. Closet Broncomaniacs are ALWAYS WELCOME!

There are some non-member categories as well, but they aren't important because they are temporal. Their time here comes and goes with little or no impact. They are the undeserving 4th category.

Anyway, I just thought it'd be fun to discriminate between the major sects like this. If this thread survives then I wasn't the only one who thought it'd be fun. If it dies, I will self-proclaim myself an American Idol poster in my Avatar and leave the thread making to the TRUE 'maniacs among us!

I don't fit any mold.

Comment

Wrong part of the board to be posting this. Moooooooooooved.

Comment

Way to keep yourself in the...

Originally posted by Dream
        Wrong part of the board to be posting this. Moooooooooooved.
        ...Mensa club!!

...not that there was ever any doubt!

Comment

I think I'm a little of all 3......

I act as if I know more than everyone else so theres the MENSA

I definitely want to be heard and a lot of times I do skip because the Title of the thread jumps out at me a lot of the time....American Idol

I'm definitely a Broncomaniac that's fo sho!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead4
            I don't fit any mold.

I fit all three!

Comment

no freakin idea what i am!

Comment

Originally posted by dare2bme
                ...Mensa club!!

...not that there was ever any doubt!
                I consider myself in the awesome club. I'm just that damn good. Game plays impeccable wit' da AK I peck atchu, rip ya face mask in half that's what tha tekka do. Hit the sidelines for cash that's whatcha betta do, I ain't trying to sell ya a dream just try to betta you. All tricks must play me to get in bed witchu, salary must come to me, ain't breaking bed with you. A O B GT, they gets no love, low pro's on Champ Bailey's so the wheels don't rub. Got the ho shakin' babies in the back of the club, hustlin' real pimpin' we does it baby, cut block - chop block the "D-Line" like Charles Haley, my game is like Stuart Scott so *BLEEP* pay me.

Comment

I don't fit any mold.

after me they broke the mold!!!

perfection cannot be duplicated
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Broncomaniac for life.Count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                      I consider myself in the awesome club. I'm just that damn good. Game plays impeccable wit' da AK I peck atchu, rip ya face mask in half that's what tha tekka do. Hit the sidelines for cash that's whatcha betta do, I ain't trying to sell ya a dream just try to betta you. All tricks must play me to get in bed witchu, salary must come to me, ain't breaking bed with you. A O B GT, they gets no love, low pro's on Champ Bailey's so the wheels don't rub. Got the ho shakin' babies in the back of the club, hustlin' real pimpin' we does it baby, cut block - chop block the "D-Line" like Charles Haley, my game is like Stuart Scott so *BLEEP* pay me.
                      All new posters can disregard my original definition for the "Mensa poster". The above is now the definition. I appreciate that one person so clearly demonstrates all of the necessary attributes!

Comment

Originally posted by dare2bme
                        All new posters can disregard my original definition for the "Mensa poster". The above is now the definition. I appreciate that one person so clearly demonstrates all of the necessary attributes!
                        Young Munch is an up and coming rap star! Don't deny his greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                          I think I'm a little of all 3......

I act as if I know more than everyone else so theres the MENSA

I definitely want to be heard and a lot of times I do skip because the Title of the thread jumps out at me a lot of the time....American Idol

I'm definitely a Broncomaniac that's fo sho!

why would you wanna put Jay on such a bad game cover and curse him like that? you should be banned!

Comment

there are subsects too

The subsect that can be the most annoying is the Mensa-Drunkard subgroup.

They might not actually be a drunk but they have the same abusive demeanor. There's a lot of American Idol in them in that they demand undeserved attention but in the end they really know they know it all all - and they're not just gonna tell ya - they're gonna barf it all up in your car and mouth off impatiently while you try to hose it out.
                            "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

I don't fit any mold.
                              Same here.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X